• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Pilot/ NFO "Rolling" Boards MAR/APR 2013

VFRonly

Pro-Rec SNFO May, 3rd 2013
Hah! I actually have a beard year-round, so I'll be having the opposite feeling!
Going to be weird to get rid of it...

Also, I had submitted my packet prior to some of you who have already heard you were selected, so I would like to think mine was included as well. Here's to hoping my recruiter had Friday off and I will hear Monday!

Additionally, my recruiter has never given me details and used some of the same terms that seem to be norm on this forum. He never told me it was "pro-boarded"; just that he "submitted" it and it is "waiting to be looked at". I guess those are synonymous with being pro-boarded?

And y'all got me thinking now about my cumulative GPA. I was never told what they calculated it to be. I hope they do it correctly and it is accurate, most likely it is, but I am curious.

Anyways, congratulations to everyone who has already heard about being selected. Who knows how many of us might end up at OCS together this Summer.

If it helps, my OR never told me that my application was pro-boarded or anything like that. I was just told that it was submitted and that she was waiting for board results. Good luck man and hopefully you will be at OCS with some of us this summer.

mtaylor

Meatgazer
If it helps, my OR never told me that my application was pro-boarded or anything like that. I was just told that it was submitted and that she was waiting for board results. Good luck man and hopefully you will be at OCS with some of us this summer.

That definitely does help; I just didn't want to be the only one whose recruiter doesn't use all these fancy terms! haha

MurphyM11

15 September 2013 OCS - SNA
Today had to the be the day my entire ORs office went MIA?... Oh the irony. Guess ill have to wait until Monday to get my verdict. Two more days wont kill me

Same here Vandy. 4 calls to the office and no one answered the phone... This will be one long weekend, even if it doesn't kill us!

(Though it doesn't stop my imagination from coming up with all the worst case scenarios for why I hear no...lol)

congrats again to all

FLYNAVY15

FUBIJAR
pilot
Same here Vandy. 4 calls to the office and no one answered the phone... This will be one long weekend, even if it doesn't kill us!

(Though it doesn't stop my imagination from coming up with all the worst case scenarios for why I hear no...lol)

congrats again to all
My feelings exactly!

arianjalali

What do you mean?

Well, prior to the last two boards, I was under the impression that one pretty much needs 7's or they'd have a low probability of getting picked up for SNA/SNFO.. But it seems like they're being a little bit less stringent in selection right now? (e.g., pro-rec'ing a 4/6).. I could be wrong, and I don't mean to demean any applicant who had scores below that cutoff.. Because you're all still quality in my eyes!

I'M JUST PUMPED EVERYONE'S GETTING SELECTED :D hard work pays off!!!

arianjalali

yes, it is fairly simple, gpa points earned divided by credits earned

is the GPA calculation worksheet used for graduate degrees, since all my classes are in the same area? also, do you know if the board looks more heavily at graduate grades versus undergraduate grades? i had a 3.1 undergrad, so i went back for graduate studies to help remedy that GPA.. and now i have a 3.8

Evan Pappas

Just got online for the first time in a couple days. Congrats to everyone who got picked up! It's awesome hearing all this good news. Doubt I made the board though because according to my recruiter my application got "bounced back" from the NRD. They never conducted a depth perception test during my pre-commissioning exam. Had to rush to take the depth perception test the same day I heard it was bounced back (Monday), failed it, did an eye exam at Walter Reed two days ago and I passed without issue.

Hopefully we see another board soon with similar results!

NavySquid26

PRO-REC Y Supply June 2013
Ok everyone , I just heard back from my OR (yes on a saturday, hes the man lol) and as i suspected the board was held weeks ago and the official results came out thursday. He also confirmed that the selection rate was upwards of 90% for both SNA and SNFO. Congrats to those who made it for that board!

VFRonly

Pro-Rec SNFO May, 3rd 2013

congrats again to all
Good luck on Monday but I do think you gentleman who are still waiting will be just fine! ;) At least you have Cinco De Mayo to help take your mind off of it tomorrow! (hopefully)

Evan Pappas

Ok everyone , I just heard back from my OR (yes on a saturday, hes the man lol) and as i suspected the board was held weeks ago and the official results came out thursday. He also confirmed that the selection rate was upwards of 90% for both SNA and SNFO. Congrats to those who made it for that board!
Any word if another board is convening between now and July?