• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy - ND

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Again - they beat a 1-7 team (in three OTs).

Ah, you will never understand. ND is like 3x our size. It's a 43 year streak broken. We had a pep rally in T-Court, that I think will be on ESPN, and it was IN-fing-sane. The Supe got off the bus and it was legit the first time I saw him smile, the brigade surrounded him and was high fiving him and then Kaipo spoke, then Paul Johnson, who said we get Monday off! The brigade is going bezerk right now, it's so much fun.

bsubdevils

It's about freakin time, WAY TO GO NAVY!!!!!!!!!!!

I was waiting to hear all day at the BSU game for a score, finally got a phone call from my dad giving me the score my brother and I went ecstatic.

Way to go Middies, be proud. It's a good day for everyone in or a fan of the Navy.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Its about time...

1-7, 7-1 doesn't matter... we beat ND. We beat AF, and we will beat Army... the only 3 games that matter.

FlybyWired06

Have you seen the new sign they put up in the stairwell for ND after the game?

A TV screen shot to remember...

For those haters out there, you just do not understand this rivalry and you never will. Who cares if they were 1-7. It is still a Notre Dame team with alot of talent. They just haven't gotten it together this year, but they haven't gotten it together in previous years and Navy still couldn't capitalize. This is a HUGE win, records and all! An undersized, out-talented Navy team walked into a big and talented (maybe not winning) team's house and beat them for the first time in 43 years. A great win by any measure...

Attachments

• playlike.gif
    playlike.gif
    19.8 KB · Views: 48
  • tvscreensmall.bmp
    259.8 KB · Views: 28

Cleonard19

Contributor
A lot of people also fail to realize how hard it is to put together a respectable football team while still passing weight/body fat regs. Its absolutely amazing how well they played considering that (according to ESPN commentators) NAVY was outweight by ND at EVERY position on the field by at least 40 pounds.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
AwYEEEEAAHHHHHHH!!!! Freaking FINALLY!

What makes it even sweeter was all the snotty remarks from the sportswriters this year to the effect of, well, even as bad as ND's doing, Navy's still on the schedule, so they'll get at least one more win ..."creampuff game" etc and so on. Sure, everyone will take this as a symptom of how bad ND is rather than how good Navy is (and, let's face it, we lost to a I-AA or whatever it is now team last week), but who cares? At least they'll stop taking the Navy game for granted. And there have been bad ND teams that still beat better Navy teams than this one.

ND has a thousand advantages in size, speed, recruiting, etc. And they've always been able to dig down deep when Navy was playing hard, because no ND teams wants to be the one that finally loses to Navy. ESPN has it right: "Seven times during the streak the Midshipmen had chances to win in the fourth quarter only to be thwarted by bad luck, questionable calls or big plays by the Irish. A few times Saturday it looked as though the win would elude them again. But this time it was the Midshipmen who managed to make the decisive plays."

Way to play, guys.

UF '99

KBayDog

For those haters out there...

I'm not going to continue to beat this horse, but this has nothing to do with being a "hater," as you put it. I had absolutely no emotional stake in this game whatsoever. I did not go to either school, so I am able to look at this from an outside perspective. I can understand why, everyone is excited, but there is no reason why Navy should NOT have won this game.

FlybyWired06 said:
An undersized, out-talented Navy team...
Cleonard19 said:
A lot of people also fail to realize how hard it is to put together a respectable football team while still passing weight/body fat regs.

Really?

Let's take a look back at recent Navy records.
2003: 8-5
2004: 10-2 (ranked #24 in Week 8)
2005: 8-4
2006: 9-4 (including a one point bowl game loss to a team that was ranked #2 last night, and ranked #20 when they played last year)
2007: 5-4, to date

As of today, they have five consecutive winning seasons in I-A football.

How about the Irish?
2003: 5-7
2004: 6-6
2005: 9-3
2006: 10-3
2007: 1-8, to date

Two winning seasons in five years.

What does this demonstrate? David did not beat Goliath last night. A good I-A Independent beat a bad I-A Independent.

I'm done. Enjoy your 72. :)

FlybyWired06

I'm not going to continue to beat this horse, but this has nothing to do with being a "hater," as you put it. I had absolutely no emotional stake in this game whatsoever. I did not go to either school, so I am able to look at this from an outside perspective. I can understand why, everyone is excited, but there is no reason why Navy should NOT have won this game.

Really?

Let's take a look back at recent Navy records.
2003: 8-5
2004: 10-2 (ranked #24 in Week 8)
2005: 8-4
2006: 9-4 (including a one point bowl game loss to a team that was ranked #2 last night, and ranked #20 when they played last year)
2007: 5-4, to date

As of today, they have five consecutive winning seasons in I-A football.

How about the Irish?
2003: 5-7
2004: 6-6
2005: 9-3
2006: 10-3
2007: 1-8, to date

Two winning seasons in five years.

What does this demonstrate? David did not beat Goliath last night. A good I-A Independent beat a bad I-A Independent.

I'm done. Enjoy your 72. :)

This is not really a very good reflection of how these teams stack up. Notre Dame perennially plays one of the toughest schedules in college football. If you want to talk about numbers how about this:

65 - Navy Strength of Schedule Ranking
1 - Notre Dame Strength of Schedule Ranking

21 - number of High School All-Americans on Notre Dame's 2007 team

If Notre Dame had been playing Navy's schedule, they could very well be 8-0. Not to mention, Navy has lost 3 or 4 starters on an already weak defense this year (oh, and the whole undersized every game thing). Yes, Navy is a great I-A team, but to say this wasn't a great win or a win that should have been expected or there is no reason Navy should NOT have won this game is just plain wrong. In my book, if you're trying to say that in THIS FORUM, you're a hater...

GO NAVY!

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
I just want to know why half of our conversations turn into "I went to the Academy and you didn't"...or conversely "What an idiot, you went to the Academy" b$%^h sessions.:D

Congrats Mids...