• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy joins the pack and adopts Digital Camouflage

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
The old school khaki unis are so much cooler....

those digi cams look like some sort of Albanian Gestapo uniform.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not gonna happen. Cammies are about the last thing you want to be wearing in a fire...probably better to be nude.

Just out of curiosity, on what are you basing that statement? The "last thing you want to be wearing" part, not the "better to be nude" part.

This is usually where the discussion segues into "flying naked after gastric incident/poorly-aimed shit" stories.

Raptor2216

Just out of curiosity, on what are you basing that statement? The "last thing you want to be wearing" part, not the "better to be nude" part.

This is usually where the discussion segues into "flying naked after gastric incident/poorly-aimed shit" stories.

Well, the fact that you have Marine tank crews along with infantry units wearing flight suits instead of cammies out in Iraq.

When I made the statement above, I was suggesting that aviation flight suits probably will not be replaced with flight suits made of the cammie material. Of course they could go to a two piece flight suit for us but why? There is nothing wrong with the current flight suits and I don't think anyone is too worried about spending more money to develop a two piece for the Navy/Marines.

Attachments

• 03_06.jpg
    03_06.jpg
    845.3 KB · Views: 114

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, the fact that you have Marine tank crews along with infantry units wearing flight suits instead of cammies out in Iraq.

zcustomkj8.jpg

When I made the statement above, I was suggesting that aviation flight suits probably will not be replaced with flight suits made of the cammie material. Of course they could go to a two piece flight suit for us but why? There is nothing wrong with the current flight suits and I don't think anyone is too worried about spending more money to develop a two piece for the Navy/Marines.

You obviously didn't read the existing thread on the topic. MB has had one for 2 years.

phrogpilot73 said:
NAVAIR is indeed developing/evaluating a new flight suit design that is two-piece. My guess is that once NAVAIR approves it, it'll be the new issue flight suit and will slowly replace the one piece. I do see a positive to a two-piece: No need to get completely undressed to take a dump.

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None

The reason that Marines started wearing flight suits outside the wire was the fact that Achmed started to add accelerants (gasoline) to his IED's. With the issue of CTEP gear that includes flame retardent digi-camis to all Marines deploying, I would expect to see the practice of flight suit issue to grunts go down. It was merely a field expedient to address a tactical issue.

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
Oh yeah, as for the blue-digis, I will wear khakis or SDB's every day till I retire (601 and a wakeup) before buying a pair of those.

One of the wear test sailors is at my command and I can attest that they are even uglier in person. Also, about $200 for one set plus an additional $250 if you want (need) the parka with line.

Also, don't forget that the PT uniform is about to be revised. Never be the first to buy a new uniform, it always changes.

tlord82

pilot
Also, about $200 for one set plus an additional $250 if you want (need) the parka with line.

Wait. 200 bucks??? Does that include boots and a cover? Or does this uniform self-clean, dispense advice, and give you a how's-your-father?
That seems pretty steep for only one set.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
Does that mean that the Navy will be changing its woodland and desert cammies over to digital, or are we sticking with the throwbacks?

navy09

None
I heard from one of the LTs here that they're designing a woodland and desert version of NWU.

EDIT: Here's a link to back that up.