• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy joins the pack and adopts Digital Camouflage

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Agreed... I say we should bring aviation greens back into the mainstream and ressurect SDK's... Any one want to draft a letter to the CNO and TFU?

As far as looking like a Marine, better that than lookin like a Zoomie...

GMan1976

Banned
Spot said:
From what I've been told, instead of us blending in with the surroundings, the surroundings blend in with us or it makes us look blurry or something. Some study in Canada said there is a 40% less chance of being detected from 200 meters away with digital vs olive drab. I dunno. They don't have digital pattern flight suits, so I'm SOL.

gonna suck for any sailor falling overboard with hopes of rescue!

doh! :eek:

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
GMan1976 said:
gonna suck for any sailor falling overboard with hopes of rescue!

doh! :eek:

Because the current BLUE uniforms and coveralls are SO high-vis. I don't mean to pick on you, I know you're probably making a joke, but I've heard that as an argument before and it's by far the weakest one out there.

GMan1976

Banned
Fly Navy said:
Because the current BLUE uniforms and coveralls are SO high-vis. I don't mean to pick on you, but I've heard that argument before and it's by far the weakest one out there.

haha... yeah, i guess you're right! didn't think about that one...

RootinTootin

That is really incredible that such a non-natural looking pattern works so well. Logic seems to lean towards leafy looking shapes. Wonder how they made that discovery...probably more of that alien technology left over at Roswell.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
RootinTootin said:
That is really incredible that such a non-natural looking pattern works so well. Logic seems to lean towards leafy looking shapes. Wonder how they made that discovery...probably more of that alien technology left over at Roswell.

Just basic knowledge of how the eye focuses and what the brain interprets... :)

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
RootinTootin said:
Not basic knowledge for a Construction MGMT major, thats for sure.

Well probably not "basic" knowledge, but a Construction Management major isn't going to be making camoflouge patterns either. :)

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Don't like it.

Anyone know what the allotted budget for TF Uniform was?

We'll probably be required to have this uniform as well as all others, too.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
trvsmrtn said:
Okay, I give up. Can someone point out the guy in the bottom 2 multicam pics.

1st pic.. right below the rock in front of and to the left of the tower.

2nd pic... looks like bottom right, by where the rocks go near the over-hanging tree...

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Schnugg said:
We'll probably be required to have this uniform as well as all others, too.

Urk. I'll keep my bag.

ZoomByU

Woo Woo
KBayDog said:
Right. But until they start using digital camouflage on naval ships and aircraft (does anyone have a pic of (I believe) the III MAW CG's plane done up in digi?), it's kind of a moot point.
here ya go.

Attachments

• 601307.jpg
    601307.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 248