• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Bowl Game

HalfBreed

None
Anyone else going to the Navy bowl game? I think it will be a good time. My first one as an alumni.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Ugh..... not here too! This time of year I get at least 1 email a day from the Alumni Association and/or NAAA trying to get me buy a ticket or donate a ticket so a MIDN can go.

Anyways, to answer your question, no I am not going.

FlybyWired06

Right now I'm thinking about going with the wife and in-laws (we'll be in town for the Holidays). Though, said in-laws are not EXTREME Navy fans like me...if the game gets good they may get scared (I tend to get very loud)...

Would have liked a AF/Navy rematch, but atleast we're not playing New Mexico again (Emerald Bowl '04...and actually wearing the shirt I got at that game right now).

I'm curious if anyone has any hookups for the suites they have there...not that I'd mooch or anything..hehe

FlybyWired06

Looks like it'll be Utah and Navy, Air Force is playing in the Armed Forces Bowl.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/bowls.htm

Should be interesting to see AF take on Cal in the Armed Forces Bowl. If they win, it'll be a great symbol of success for the service academies...

Ofcourse, I take the fact that Navy will beat Utah for granted...

Score: Navy - 65 Utah - 64

OK, so it won't be that many points, but it'll be a close one compliments of Navy's defense!!

GO NAVY!!

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
Should be interesting to see AF take on Cal in the Armed Forces Bowl. If they win, it'll be a great symbol of success for the service academies...

GO NAVY!!

A great symbol of success is beating a 6-6 Cal team? What ever floats the Air Force boat.

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
A great symbol of success is beating a 6-6 Cal team? What ever floats the Air Force boat.

After the pandemonium that followed Navy's defeat of Notre Dame (finished 3-9), I think the USAFA could celebrate a win over Cal. :D

FlybyWired06

I see your point..hmm...maybe I meant to say a Cal team that looked very strong at the beginning of the season (beat both Tennessee and Oregon) but then bottomed out in the later half...oh well...any win over a big conference school by a mil academy is something to feel good about I suppose...

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
This game should be interesting. My wife is both a "UTE" and a Navy brat. I think shes gonna implode:D

llnick2001

it’s just malfeasance for malfeasance’s sake
pilot
Right now I'm thinking about going with the wife and in-laws (we'll be in town for the Holidays). Though, said in-laws are not EXTREME Navy fans like me...if the game gets good they may get scared (I tend to get very loud)...

My girlfriend's family insists on sitting with us with there 5 yr old daughter. Me and a bunch of my drunken a-hole pilot buddies (probably a couple shoes too just to keep us from having too much fun). I know its going to end with me being in trouble with her despite my warnings so I'm just going to get drunk enough that I don't care.