• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NAVY/army Game

Man, I remember watching Eckel play too...hope he gets himself together (and eventually makes enough to pay off the $96K--wow).

SemperApollo

There will be a fly-over prior to the game by four Hornets. Two of them will be piloted by Navy pilots who graduated from West Point, but took their commissions in the Navy. The flight leader will be their squadron C.O., who is a USNA graduate. This will be the first time the Navy/army game will have a fly-over by four Navy pilots, and two West Point graduates.

Man, that was a tough sentence to put together.

Here's a short mpg of them departing and returning after the flyover. My friend had a "GO NAVY" sign but we were too far away for them to see it.

http://semperapollo.com/Media/Video/Aviation/WG2006/Army_Navy_shortclip.mpg

IIRC there were 3 Gunslingers, 2 Sidewinders and 1 Bounty Hunter at WG this weekend. The Army helos took-off at midfield and went home after the game so I don't have any footage...sorry.

wrk

To reiterate what someone wrote in the HT-18/8 student ready room: Too bad they both can't lose.

Fine piece of photography...

web_061202-N-3642E-129.jpg

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
In that picture, the SECDEF looks he just got off the set of Raiders of the Lost Ark . . .
Toht___Raiders_Of_The_Lost_Ark1.jpg

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Did anyone see in the beginning of the game the shot of a cadet with an "Army Strong" sign and he was holding it upside down? I was thoroughly amused.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
I didn't see the sign at the game, but Army's spirit spots, with little exception sucked.

There was one though that made me laugh -- a bunch of guys in cami's pull up to a white truck, with a guy wearing an all-white uniform and cover, and then you see them drive back to the white truck, throw the guy outta their van, and then it says "Milkmen. They only look like midshipmen."

Navy had "The Midfather" and "Snakes on a YP," both of which were pretty funny. Couple others too.

Junior

pilot
tommygirl28 said:
The best ever was the Bling in my SDBs. The spirit spots they show at the game are so much better than the ones on TV...those sucked extra bad this year.
Totally agree. CBS always shows the submariners lame CGI spirit spot. Anyone know if they played the one we made in Meridian at the game? It wasn't on TV.