• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Naval Intelligence Professional Breast Insignia

nikiterp86

Pro-rec'd INTEL!!!!!
Blech... that is most definitely ugly... I'm not really looking forward to wearing that.

But I don't think it's necessarily a bad idea for every designator to have some sort of identifying insignia. It doesn't have to be something resembling a warfare qualification pin, but I just think it would be nice to be able to look at someone and know what they do by their insignia.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
"Breast" Insignia...what next?

Matt_Foley_Saturday_Night_Live.jpg

Max_Power

Prefers Skippy
Contributor
Although I'm no expert on the construction of pins, doesn't that globe look a little out of place? I would think it would be nearly impossible to replicate that but I digress.

exhelodrvr

pilot
Although I'm no expert on the construction of pins, doesn't that globe look a little out of place? I would think it would be nearly impossible to replicate that but I digress.

They did that on purpose, because they don't want "just anybody" to be able to make (and wear) them.

robav8r

None
Contributor
Breast insignia in the Navy are becoming like all of the different "months of diversity" we celebrate throughout the year. Everyone has to have their "own" and be recognized as something or someone special. The only thing "special" about who we are and what we do is how effectively we can kill people and destroy stuff. The only "month" we need to celebrate in the Navy is the month of the sailor. As for the breast insignia . . . . you're either warfare qualified or not. Warfare, as in actually "qualified" to do the killing and destruction.

bucki4lyfe

Michigan Sucks
Breast insignia in the Navy are becoming like all of the different "months of diversity" we celebrate throughout the year. Everyone has to have their "own" and be recognized as something or someone special. The only thing "special" about who we are and what we do is how effectively we can kill people and destroy stuff. The only "month" we need to celebrate in the Navy is the month of the sailor. As for the breast insignia . . . . you're either warfare qualified or not. Warfare, as in actually "qualified" to do the killing and destruction.

Ha! I don't think Rob is happy... :icon_rage

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
I may have to qualify for it, but I'm not going to wear it. Way too SWO-like...

LET73

OK, it's bad enough we'll have to wear a pin, but does it have to be THAT? I was somewhat hoping that the pin had died quietly during all the hype over the intel realignment, but apparently no such luck.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
OK, it's bad enough we'll have to wear a pin, but does it have to be THAT? I was somewhat hoping that the pin had died quietly during all the hype over the intel realignment, but apparently no such luck.

Perhaps you didn't notice makings of a master plan being unfolded. OPNAV realignment with N6 (read subjugation of C4ISR and rise of a 3 star Intel baron with his own "CYBER" TYCOM and SYSCOM: SPAWAR). Info Ops guys/gals may get trumped and outflanked on this one.

robav8r

None
Contributor
Ha! I don't think Rob is happy... :icon_rage

Nope, not unhappy. Just wondering why & how we keep losing sight of the truly important shit in our/my Navy. I wonder how much further we are going to travel down this road of appeasing everyone and everyones agenda . . .

bucki4lyfe

Michigan Sucks
Nope, not unhappy. Just wondering why & how we keep losing sight of the truly important shit in our/my Navy. I wonder how much further we are going to travel down this road of appeasing everyone and everyones agenda . . .

I understand...it's a matter of priorities...and where they are. If we're focused on everyone getting a badge, what are we not focused on...

Anybody think this is a matter of recruiting? The more badges/ribbons/crap people have on their uniforms, the better it looks to the unknowing public eye...therefore, more intrigue, and more applications for enlistment/commission?

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
Anybody think this is a matter of recruiting?

Nope - this is a manifestation of the long-simmering penis envy that has afflicted the intel community since Pontius was a pilot. Very Air-Forceish, in that everyone needs to have some chest bling to show worth relative to the URL communities. I think it's a silly time-waster, but apparently the N2s of the world seem to have no other more pressing priorities.... :D

I won't wear it; uniform regulations are unclear as to whether wearing such things is "mandatory" vs "authorized". I'll be either fired or retired by the time anyone tries to hold me to it... (Did I mention it's ugly and SWO-like?)