• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Naval Academy Prep School

Status
Not open for further replies.

usunkmybship

now I have a question. Can a prior civilian from NAPS go enlisted instead or they can't be part of the Navy anymore if they don't go to the academy?

NAPSmom05

Emily, you are scaring me.... How are things going? Hoping to see you at graduation. Hang in there. You are almost finished!
Tricia (NAPS05mom)

NAPSmom05

Keep plugging away, Emily. You have come so far. Hoping to see you cross that stage in May. :) All the best to you.
NAPS05 mom (Tricia)

usunkmybship

At this point I'm working hard to the end but with my previous grades averaged in I really have no control over the situation. All I can do is go to EI and prove that I'm trying. Maybe my teachers and the CO will see I made effort with under a 2.0 but I know that's a slim chance. I guess I will go to Navy boot camp after this.

NAPSmom05

Usunk:
The true sign of someone's character is how they act when the chips are down. You are a true champion. No matter how it shakes out, noone can take that from you. Many kids would just throw in the towel and say, "the heck with it". I think that should count for a lot. Pulling for you.
NAPS05mom

etnuclearsailor

STA 21 Nuclear OC
If you don't get an appointment to the USNA, I recommend trying a college with NROTC. IF you don't get a scholarship, there's always the college program and advanced standing. You can get a commission, and if you want it badly enough, you'll get it and pay your own way if you have to.
Going enlisted if you really want to be an officer can become a painful experience. Unless you're willing to be enlisted for four years to an entire career, go officer any way you can!
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.