• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NAVAIR Reserve Program (NRP) and DCO opportunities: AEDO & AMDO

M.L.T.

Ah, false alarm. I’m one of the AMDO applicants and my recruiter confirmed no news on that front yet. Will keep those fingers crossed.

LT Rich Santos

Officer in Charge, TAOC Orlando, NTAG Jacksonville
results are out! There were two selections and I wasn’t one of them. Better luck to the other hopefuls around here!
Don't knock yourself - AEDO/AMDO is in my opinion the toughest program to get selected for. Historically I have seen 2 AMDO/2 AEDO selections per 60 applicants nationwide annually.

D

Deleted member 66584

Ah, false alarm. I’m one of the AMDO applicants and my recruiter confirmed no news on that front yet. Will keep those fingers crossed.

So have only the AEDO selections been announced?

zachlaird4

Stand By!!!!..... FIRE!!!
I'm glad I found this forum. I am thinking about applying to RC AEDO later this year or the first board in FY22. Looks like I already need to beef up my application.

Question though. I have searched and searched with little to no luck. Does the reserves not care about OAR scores when applying? Every program letter I have looked at in comparison to its AD counterpart, it doesn't list the need of a OAR/ASTB score.

exNavyOffRec

I'm glad I found this forum. I am thinking about applying to RC AEDO later this year or the first board in FY22. Looks like I already need to beef up my application.

Question though. I have searched and searched with little to no luck. Does the reserves not care about OAR scores when applying? Every program letter I have looked at in comparison to its AD counterpart, it doesn't list the need of a OAR/ASTB score.
Correct it is not the OAR or ASTB that is looked at for DCO but it is the work experience, in general they like to see around 10 years of work experience, of course some will have less, some will have more and there are some other factors as well.

zachlaird4

Correct it is not the OAR or ASTB that is looked at for DCO but it is the work experience, in general they like to see around 10 years of work experience, of course some will have less, some will have more and there are some other factors as well.
Ok Awesome. Did not know how that worked. I took the ASTB back in 2018 and got a decent OAR score.

Well I don't have 10 years of engineering experience.. yet. I only have 6 but I'm optimistic (may be one of my downfalls haha)

How often are the boards? Twice a year?

exNavyOffRec

Ok Awesome. Did not know how that worked. I took the ASTB back in 2018 and got a decent OAR score.

Well I don't have 10 years of engineering experience.. yet. I only have 6 but I'm optimistic (may be one of my downfalls haha)

How often are the boards? Twice a year?

from what I saw they are once per year in April, if you search you can probably find the thread from this year and find the stats of those selected recently.

zachlaird4

from what I saw they are once per year in April, if you search you can probably find the thread from this year and find the stats of those selected recently.
So I found the Excel with the board dates. What is the difference between "probord" & "DCO Proboard".

D

Deleted member 66584

This message board has been pretty quite. I hope that means none of you applied for this most recent cycle! Just kidding. Good luck to all who chose to throw your hat in the ring either for the first time or once again!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 66584

I was thinking the same! I did apply for AEDO this go around. Best of luck to us both!
I think I applied for both. Did you ever get any feedback on selections from the last board? Selection qualifiers? My recruiter said they have appeared to stop offering any feedback at all.

Jp222

Well, I thought I had applied last year but my recruiter said "your packet must have been dropped"....so it never made it to the selection board. Annoying, but that's how it goes sometimes.

exNavyOffRec

I think I applied for both. Did you ever get any feedback on selections from the last board? Selection qualifiers? My recruiter said they have appeared to stop offering any feedback at all.
They have rarely given feedback, in most cases they prefer not to as if they say "you need to improve by doing X" then you do that but other more qualified people apply and get picked at the next board it can be frustrating for candidates.
I was thinking the same! I did apply for AEDO this go around. Best of luck to us both!
On the dashboard AEDO is listed as -1 so don't expect any AEDO selections this go around and if they do that will probably fill up the FY 23 spots.