• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NATO Declares Russia an Enemy - Your take.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor

Dontcallmegump

pilot
Am I just buying into my own interpretation or is this pretty clear what Putin is up to? He either wants and excuse to attack now-ish or a guarantee that he can get away with it when he attacks later at his leisure. We sure can't get mad when he takes what is obviously Russian and we didn't have anyone there anyway so mind out own business, right?

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Thought this was interesting.

Russia’s Possible Invasion of Ukraine​

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Am I just buying into my own interpretation or is this pretty clear what Putin is up to? He either wants and excuse to attack now-ish or a guarantee that he can get away with it when he attacks later at his leisure. We sure can't get mad when he takes what is obviously Russian and we didn't have anyone there anyway so mind out own business, right?

Ukraine is not "obviously Russian".

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Happened to catch this today.

Germany Helped Prep Russia for War, U.S. Sources Say​

I would not discredit the lessons that Russia itself learned in their invasion of Georgia and even earlier in Chechnya, I think we too often discredit the Russians and how good they can be at certain things. And it is not like they need to be the absolute best army to roll across the steppes against the Ukrainian armed forces.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Color me polyanna, but I don't think the Ukrainians will get rolled as quickly/easily as the media consensus seems to think. Hopefully their experiences of the past few years had them rethinking certain aspects and keep them nimble.