• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

National OPO Blog

It sounds like your OR is new or doesn't understand how officer recruiting works, in regards to OCS programs a person has to be in OCS in enough time to be commissioned before Oct 1. I have seen many guys miss a board and get screwed because their OR didn't understand this and told their candidate they would have to wait for boards after Oct 1st when in reality the boards for the new FY were occurring months before.
Dang, what should I do?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I second that. Your OR probably doesn't understand the numbers yet but unless NOPO puts something different there will be a rolling pilot/NFO board likely around mid July or so.

I second that. Your OR probably doesn't understand the numbers yet but unless NOPO puts something different there will be a rolling pilot/NFO board likely around mid July or so.
What are my options here sir? I don't want to offend my OR or come off as being rude. Can I email you the email he sent me regarding this situation?

FormerRecruitingGuru

What are my options here sir? I don't want to offend my OR or come off as being rude. Can I email you the email he sent me regarding this situation?

You need to have a talk with your recruiter and ask him/her to double check their facts about the NFO program. My job here isn't to be your recruiter or attempt to interfere with your recruiter.

FormerRecruitingGuru

On another note I had a new recruiter of mine email an applicant saying they were rejected at the selection board for pilot but he's good for NFO and Intel. Turned out it was just the N3M letter saying he wasn't qualified for pilot but for NFO and other GENOFF programs. I emailed the applicant directly soon after to clear everything out.

exNavyOffRec

On another note I had a new recruiter of mine email an applicant saying they were rejected at the selection board for pilot but he's good for NFO and Intel. Turned out it was just the N3M letter saying he wasn't qualified for pilot but for NFO and other GENOFF programs. I emailed the applicant directly soon after to clear everything out.

that is an oops.

exNavyOffRec

I just spoke with my OR. He said that my kit WILL be considered at the next board (hopefully July). He just said that since the numbers have been met for this year there may not be a board until October.

Considering NOPO is one of the key people that gives the "go" on boards I would doubt your OR, really don't think your OR knows what he is doing or how things work, is he new or what rank is he?

jaimej

I am currently waiting for the Supply results as well, but I was wondering what are the chances of my first assignment after Supply School being abroad? My little brother is in the Air Force and he wanted his first duty station to be abroad, but he was told that rarely happens, for Air Force anyways. So my questions are: is there anywhere they won't send an Ensign fresh out of Supply School, and is it pretty common to be abroad early on your career? Thanks!

I am currently waiting for the Supply results as well, but I was wondering what are the chances of my first assignment after Supply School being abroad? My little brother is in the Air Force and he wanted his first duty station to be abroad, but he was told that rarely happens, for Air Force anyways. So my questions are: is there anywhere they won't send an Ensign fresh out of Supply School, and is it pretty common to be abroad early on your career? Thanks!

"What are my chances" are impossible to forecast. It depends on how you do on your academics/leadership board/etc. Don't put the cart before the horse - focus on getting through OCS first.

jaimej

"What are my chances" are impossible to forecast. It depends on how you do on your academics/leadership board/etc. Don't put the cart before the horse - focus on getting through OCS first.

Thank you. I haven't even gotten selected yet, so everything I am even doing/thinking about is cart before the horse... To clarify, I didn't mean myself personally. From what my brother was saying there's typical protocol for first assignments, and I was just wondering if the Navy had any already set up about Ensigns abroad. Thanks for your response!

exNavyOffRec

Thank you. I haven't even gotten selected yet, so everything I am even doing/thinking about is cart before the horse... To clarify, I didn't mean myself personally. From what my brother was saying there's typical protocol for first assignments, and I was just wondering if the Navy had any already set up about Ensigns abroad. Thanks for your response!

essentially you will be aquainted up close and personal with something painted gray and sits in the water.

you could also improve your profile, I am sure BzB will mention something about the lack of profile soon enough! :)

jaimej

essentially you will be aquainted up close and personal with something painted gray and sits in the water.

you could also improve your profile, I am sure BzB will mention something about the lack of profile soon enough! :)

I so hope you are right! I would love nothing more than to meet the acquaintance of something painted gray and sitting in water, because that would mean my aspirations have come to fruition.... As for my profile, I am currently stalking everyone else's to see what is pertinent for my own. Pretty soon I will reveal what I came up with :)

National OPO

All - we are expecting the latest Supply board results from the community any day now. Once we get it (like with do with all of our other boards), will send the results to those Fleet Sailors and their commands that applied and then send the results out to the NRD for the NRD applicants. I am hoping to get the results out before the 4th of July break, but all depends on when the community provides Recruiting Command the results. Also, we just held another Pilot and NFO board since we had a large enough group of applicants to justify holding the board. Will send those results out to the Fleet and NRDs before the 4th of July break as well. So once again telling ya to not get stressed over trying to predict when the next Pilot, NFO, or SWO board is going to take place since they are rolling boards and only the team here wihtin NRC knows when we are going to conduct the next one - all based on applications on hand waiting to be reviewed and how fast we are filling us OCS class with folks from prior boards. That is why we always say "within the next 90-120 days if not sooner from the last board held" for these these boards. As was stated once before, the last FY14 OCS class ships this weekend, 29Jun. The first FY15 OCS class ships on 20Jul. The "FY" assignment is all based on when the members of those classes will GRADUATE and not when they ship. As such, the 20Jul class will graduate AFTER 01Oct14, making them the first class of FY15 (to gradudate in FY15). So when your recruiters tell ya that you will be an FY15 shipper, dont feel bad since any prior PROREC-Y not already assigned an OCS date (at this point in the year) is also going to be an FY15 shipper since you will all ship in the FY15 timeframe (July14-Jun15) in terms of OCS classes. As for expected FY15 active duty accession quotas (for all of our programs), we have not yet been given anything official from the Navy manpower planners up in DC. All that we have to go on at this time are to assume that our FY15 goals will be "something similar" to what our FY14 goals were. So we are using our FY14 goals to start out with as our "targets" until we get something more concrete from the folks in DC. As such, if looking at what our goals were in FY14, we had a relatively high demand (based on historical goals) for Pilot (~340), NFO (~140), SWO (~270), and Supply (~95). If these same goals (or similar goals) are placed on NRC in FY15, then we will once again be working hard to fill what I would consider to be "high goals" in these programs compared to what Recruiting Command has been asked to attain over the last 5 yrs or so. But if you watch the news, you see how DoD as a whole is challenged with budget cuts and forced manpower reductions. Although no one seems to know how this will impact actual accessions for the Navy and other services, I wouldnt expect our goals to INCREASE from what they were in FY14, just based on the chatter. But perhaps they will remain somewhat constant to what they were in FY14 to allow the Navy to at least maintain a constant flow of new accession through OCS, the Naval Academy, and NROTC.