• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

National OPO Blog

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I got my FS on the 5th of this month, still haven't sworn in or done any paperwork yet. I won't be able to swear in until next week since my OR was on vacation last week and is unavailable this week. There's no close deadlines are there?

Ideally swear in should take place within 15 days of the FINSEL letter, but of course there's circumstances that can prevent that from happening.

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
Ideally swear in should take place within 15 days of the FINSEL letter, but of course there's circumstances that can prevent that from happening.

What are the possible negative repercussions if it goes beyond the 15 days?

Last edited:

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
Just a heads up for API the min is 12:30 but it's on a chip trail.

Definitely didn't know about API different standards, thanks for letting me know! I should be around 13 minutes going into OCS, so once I finish that, I should be good to go for API. Just have to keep up my endurance and fitness level during the wait to be classed up.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
relationship of chip trail to time
That a question or statement? If your a good runner you'll be fine not a good runner it will hurt you. It's known to take 45 seconds to a minute off your run. Fail it and you get a pink sheet, more importantly your looked down on by fellow classmates. Personally I know a few that have failed the API PFA and can't take them seriously.

SnoopySamp

Leaving soon..
That a question or statement? If your a good runner you'll be fine not a good runner it will hurt you. It's known to take 45 seconds to a minute off your run. Fail it and you get a pink sheet, more importantly your looked down on by fellow classmates. Personally I know a few that have failed the API PFA and can't take them seriously.

question sorry
so it makes your time better, how could you fail?

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Yep. A lot of people get out of shape fast post OCS. Also OCS in general doesn't get you in amazing shape to start with. Also if you fail a test or go to a board during API and they see you failed the PFA they are going to take you less seriously.

shellHEfuseVT

Pro Rec-Y SNA
In the Marines, the PFT counts for everything from promotion points to your application to that one sexy school you really wanted to go to. As long as you get a score in the middle of the pass/fail spectrum no one cares. But if you want to show a record of excellence in order to secure that meritorious promotion or a slot at that sexy school, you want to be in the top 90% range. Also something to think about is that people dont care about your past PFT scores, they only care about your present physical condition. If your score dips, just work hard and get it back up. The knowledge that you are being given the chance of a lifetime to do something that is incomprehensibly cool should be motivation enough to utilize these last couple months until ship date to get in the best shape of your life. All that needed is two months, a good diet and motivation. Its simple if you want it bad enough.