• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NAS Whiting field vs NAS Corpus Christi

Echo24

I'm Pilot.
pilot
Winged Aviators and SNA's currently in Primary please give your $0.02 about the main differences in location for Primary, where you would prefer to attend Primary Flight Training @ either NAS Whiting field or NAS Corpus Christi in terms of housing, training (flight time), night life, etc. for a single male.

Please try to keep the thread from the inevitable turn to "It doesn't matter where you go, your there to learn your craft, this isn't what you should be worried about, and you don't have much say in where you end up." I feel that everyone for the most part understands the latter and this thread is intended for positive conversations about your past (or present) experiences and opinions on the two training locations.

Thanks! :)

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Whiting guys like Whiting. Corpus guys like Corpus. South Texas sucks, but so does Lower Alabama, and yet both places have some pretty cool stuff about them too.

You won't be there long, you really won't get a choice in where you go, and both places will be what you make of it.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
I can't tell you how little this matters.

...Nor can I give you an answer since I can't tell you anything about you.
What I mean is, I had a blast in Corpus...enjoyed the island and beach...blah blah blah...I've heard plenty of people say they hated the island and beach. I don't know how to tell you what you will like. If you ask a specific question, you'll get a specific answer. Otherwise...

You will have fun, or not if you suck, at either.

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
Pretty sure this discussion has been had numerous times, if you searched you should have found something. I've been in both places, both were an equally good time. Unless things have changed, you will have no choice anyway like others have said. Also, if your profile is accurate it says you were just selected, so I'm assuming you've not gone to OCS yet either. Things can change drastically as far as who goes where in a short amount of time as well. Not trying to bust your balls here, but your time is better spent thinking about the closest alligator to the boat if you catch my drift.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Do you like Pensacola? Stay in Pensacola. Are you looking for a change of scenery? Head to Corpus. That's about it.

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
When I went Corpus got me through faster and I feel like more of the single guys went to Corpus. That said, I'd say Pensacola Beach and PCB in March are going to beat anything Corpus has to offer.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
You won't be there long,

You could be in South Texas for a while if you go there for Primary and select jets.

If someone needs to point out to you that Tallahassee and Gainesville are both less than four hours drive away from KNSE.....

rondebmar

Ron "Banty" Marron
pilot
Contributor
My success rate in P'Cola far surpassed the same in Corpus. That, however was ~50 years ago.

However, I'd imagine very little has changed since then. ;)

MasterBates

Friends who married Pensacola girls are more likely to be married still than guys who met their wives in Corpus.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
You could be in South Texas for a while if you go there for Primary and select jets.

If someone needs to point out to you that Tallahassee and Gainesville are both less than four hours drive away from KNSE.....

...and that San Antonio and Austin are both better times and the same distance away from Corpus...;)

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
...and that San Antonio and Austin are both better times and the same distance away from Corpus...;)

Everyone needs to have favorite minor league teams... :) Regardless - the point this dude needs to be paying attention to is that it will be up to him to make the most, or the least, of wherever he ends up.

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
Please try to keep the thread from the inevitable turn to "It doesn't matter where you go, your there to learn your craft, this isn't what you should be worried about, and you don't have much say in where you end up."

This is like the student that says, "I should probably wave this one off," before trying to land anyway. If you think it might be a bad idea, it probably is.

Both places have their positive and negatives. It really is what you make of it because neither one is wildly better than the other.