• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Myspace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawman

None
...And therefore, feel better about myself when I'm down in the dumps. :D:D
Everytime I go to a bar in my hometown and meet somebody from highschool I think, "Oh.... so thats what a failed marriage, dropping out of college, and two kids looks like." :D

wiseguy04

The Dude abides....
pilot
Everytime I go to a bar in my hometown and meet somebody from highschool I think, "Oh.... so thats what a failed marriage, dropping out of college, and two kids looks like." :D

If I'm ever in my hometown and want to see one of my friends from high school I'll just order a pizza delivery. :D

phrogpilot73

If I'm ever in my hometown and want to see one of my friends from high school I'll just order a pizza delivery. :D
I went to my 10 year high school reunion, what a waste of time. I was hardly popular in high school and also ran with the wrong crowd (hence the 1.96 GPA). The popular kids that all went straight to college are still hanging around Annapolis, working shitty jobs (one guy was moving furniture for $8.50/hr - how's that B.A. in Spanish working out for you?). The popular kids that didn't go to college are still hanging around Annapolis. Both were still hanging out in their little clique from high school, re-living the old days. Didn't give us non-popular kids the time of day at the reunion.

A couple of them asked me what I was up to, and I replied "I graduated from the Naval Academy and am a helicopter pilot for the Marine Corps." They looked at me as if I had kicked their dog while pointing out they've wasted their lives.

I ended up leaving early, and I don't plan to make any of the other reunions. What a bunch of losers...

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I went to my 10 year high school reunion, what a waste of time. I was hardly popular in high school and also ran with the wrong crowd (hence the 1.96 GPA). The popular kids that all went straight to college are still hanging around Annapolis, working shitty jobs (one guy was moving furniture for $8.50/hr - how's that B.A. in Spanish working out for you?). The popular kids that didn't go to college are still hanging around Annapolis. Both were still hanging out in their little clique from high school, re-living the old days. Didn't give us non-popular kids the time of day at the reunion.

A couple of them asked me what I was up to, and I replied "I graduated from the Naval Academy and am a helicopter pilot for the Marine Corps." They looked at me as if I had kicked their dog while pointing out they've wasted their lives.

I ended up leaving early, and I don't plan to make any of the other reunions. What a bunch of losers...

I haven't done SHIT yet, and I still get the same reaction. I see someone I haven't seen from highschool and it usually goes something like this:

"HEY! What's going on man? What have you been up to?"

"Hey! I just graduated with an engineering degree and am in training to be a Navy pilot. What are you up to?"

"oh, I'll be graduating next spring with a degree in english and I'm not sure what I want to do yet".

Nuff said. I love my job! :D

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
I was hardly popular in high school and also ran with the wrong crowd (hence the 1.96 GPA).

Sir, don't feel to bad about your gpa. You did better then me:eek:

1.82 baby!! (college was 3.32, not dumb just didn't care back then)

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
I went to my 10 year high school reunion, what a waste of time.

I thought the same..until the open bar with 101 Turkey on the rox kicked in...then I had a blast...and most of the fun was seeing that classic reaction and telling some sea stories that had them all in awe. 3 of us out of 420 joined the military...after that night I had about 50 that WISH they did. Really boosted my decision to stay Navy.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I hadn't considered using Myspace to maintain contact with friends around the country, that isn't a bad idea. However, I am still leery of it. I actually run my own website for that sort of thing.

Lawman

None
I hadn't considered using Myspace to maintain contact with friends around the country, that isn't a bad idea. However, I am still leery of it. I actually run my own website for that sort of thing.

Most of the guys I went to OCS with were friends on facebook by the 3rd or 4th liberty call. Its a great way to keep track without actually having to put a lot of constant effort in it, and its no problem to shoot somebody an email of "hey Im TDY, wanna go drinking this weekend."

Status
Not open for further replies.