• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Myspace NROTC group

SlickAg

pilot
Just think of all this as a friendly warning. Trust me, if you make a MySpace and Facebook account in college, your NROTC staff will look at it. They ALL do it, it's even been discussed at their conferences in Pensacola. I'm not telling you to not join those sites or anything, but why make trouble with ALL NROTC people?

If you know that your staff is checking your profile, why wouldn't you just block them and then make sure that all of the midshipmen get the word to block them as well?

A question for you DivO's: do y'all get on myspace and check up on the guys in your division? If not, why the big deal about checking the NROTC mids.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I made my profile private and blocked the staff member I know of. Makes sense just from a privacy perspective anyways.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A question for you DivO's: do y'all get on myspace and check up on the guys in your division? If not, why the big deal about checking the NROTC mids.

No but hey guess what you are 1. having the government pay for your education based on your supposed potential. 2. Are training to be an Officer and therefore held to a different standard, if your Staff-who are experienced Os and Senior Es feel the need to check up on that deal with it or pay for college on your own and go to OCS. Im guessing this came about based on some Midshipman's bafoonery.

kissarmy5689

Just think of all this as a friendly warning. Trust me, if you make a MySpace and Facebook account in college, your NROTC staff will look at it. They ALL do it, it's even been discussed at their conferences in Pensacola. I'm not telling you to not join those sites or anything, but why make trouble with ALL NROTC people?

they cant do anything to you unless you have evidence on your myspace that would "incriminate" yourself. if you're innocent there's not a whole lot they can do. and like someone said earlier- put your profile on private so no one can see it.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
they cant do anything to you unless you have evidence on your myspace that would "incriminate" yourself. if you're innocent there's not a whole lot they can do. and like someone said earlier- put your profile on private so no one can see it.

That's the point I've been trying to make. Keep in mind that I'm not speaking to you specifically, but to other mids too. Do whatever it takes to make sure pics of you doing stupid/illegal/drunken activities don't get posted. It gets out.

Skidkid: some serious bafoonery by midshipmen. Some mids at a unit started a "Fvck NROTC" group at their school and the staff found it. All of their senior battalion leadership got fired.

Just shows what could happen. Like Skidkid said, as long as you are getting your college paid for by the Navy, you have to roll with the punches.

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
I don't think there's much to worry about here - I clicked on the link to look at your groups page... 2 members.

heh.

Seriously, don't do something dumb and post it online... at the very least your classmates don't want to sit through an hour long lecture on underage drinking/being retarded.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Had a company officer show me a Myspace page today of some plebes chugging 16 oz beers before a debutante ball.

Looks pretty incriminating if someone were to report it.

Then it becomes...
largestfryingpan.jpg

"The World's Largest Frying Pan"

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Additionally, if you think your NROTC staff is going to be the last group of people searching through myspace/ facebook looking for you and scrutinizing your pages- you are wrong. One example, there are IPs out there who have myspace- I've seen them go through yahoo personals searching for people, I'm sure they know how to use the Facebook/myspace search buttons as well.

There are many JO's out there who have at least one, if not both- especially in flight school. I don't think anyone is trying to dissuade people from joining this group or any other for that matter, just trying to make sure they weigh the positives and negatives and consider the repercussions of having your personal info posted online before you do it. Given the incidents in the past, its appearent that not everyone had before they decided to do it.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Additionally, if you think your NROTC staff is going to be the last group of people searching through myspace/ facebook looking for you and scrutinizing your pages- you are wrong. One example, there are IPs out there who have myspace- I've seen them go through yahoo personals searching for people, I'm sure they know how to use the Facebook/myspace search buttons as well.

Or worse than that...the actual enemy.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
uh just to let you all know.... there is a navy group that has 10,000+ members and nothing has happened to those guys.

yet.

also there's a navy depper group with quite a few people. i just started the group so people could ask questions and get questions answered, not to get people in trouble or throw up a red flag.

"Some of the worst things imaginable have been done with the best intentions." -Dr. Grant, Jurassic Park III

btw- if you do have bad stuff on ur myspace and have posted etc. you can always delete it and all of your posts and comments EVERYTHING gets deleted with it.

Yeah, because that works...and there's no record anywhere...even if your CO has already printed it out...

Posting illegal images online = below in head work.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor

Guys in your division are not officers. Mids want to be officers and SHALL be held to a higher standard.

Oh, and if I was a DivO searching myspace for "checking" up on my guys/gals...I'd seriously wonder if there are questions that I don't want to know the answer to.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Listen kid, we've been there and done that. Stuff like myspace and facebook do nothing but fvck midshipmen over. All that needs to happen is a friend of yours posting a pic of you doing something stupid, then you're in trouble

Actually, middies fvck themselves over. Putting pictures of yourself getting drunk and doing stupid sh!t on the intraweb when you are underage... well, you just deserve to be caught.