• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Myspace NROTC group

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Not to rain on anyone's parade or anything, but seriously consider the potential negatives of joining a NROTC group on myspace before you take the plung. There are horror stories out there of people in ROTC who have gotten in trouble for things like facebook pictures etc. and it seems facebook does a better job limiting public access to profiles. Consider that before joining...

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
One of the first things our firsties have told us: Photos = evidence; internet = asking for someone to get you into trouble.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Well...here's a thought....

Join the site and then don't post a picture of yourself doing something illegal...:rolleyes:

No drinking pics = no street cred. An Ivy Leaguer ought to know better.

Word.

Our CO would routinely pull our "drunk off my @ss pics" from our facebook accounts (he had a profile too) and interlace them into his PowerPoint slides for Leadership and Ethics. Always made the class more interesting, especially when it was your drunk @ss up on the screen. :D

Along with what Slick said, as long as you aren't an idiot about it, and you have a firm grasp of your command's stance on the issue (most understand you are in college, but I've heard otherwise...), you have nothing to sweat.

-jai5w4

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
[threadjack/] Not sure if any of you have heard of the Academy's new alcohol policy this year called "0-0-1-3," meaning 0 underage drinking, 0 DUIs, 1 drink/hr, 3 drinks total/night. They are even breathalyzing people this year upon returning from liberty. Alot of people are waiting for alot of people to get into trouble. We'll see how it works out when it happens more often. Alot of upperclass are up in arms about this.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
[threadjack/] Not sure if any of you have heard of the Academy's new alcohol policy this year called "0-0-1-3," meaning 0 underage drinking, 0 DUIs, 1 drink/hr, 3 drinks total/night. They are even breathalyzing people this year upon returning from liberty. Alot of people are waiting for alot of people to get into trouble. We'll see how it works out when it happens more often. Alot of upperclass are up in arms about this.

Thats just GAY.

Purdue

Chicks Dig Rotors...
pilot
Word.

Our CO would routinely pull our "drunk off my @ss pics" from our facebook accounts (he had a profile too) and interlace them into his PowerPoint slides for Leadership and Ethics. Always made the class more interesting, especially when it was your drunk @ss up on the screen. :D

Along with what Slick said, as long as you aren't an idiot about it, and you have a firm grasp of your command's stance on the issue (most understand you are in college, but I've heard otherwise...), you have nothing to sweat.

-jai5w4

To this... please see today's newspaper article on naked videos and hazing at our fine Army Academy: http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060908/NEWS/609080328

You really want those photos showing up someday at your promotion board?

To this... please see today's newspaper article on naked videos and hazing at our fine Army Academy: http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060908/NEWS/609080328

You really want those photos showing up someday at your promotion board?

Hmm...I didn't say anything about naked or hazing photos in my post. Nice assumption, though.

And if you think promotion boards flash anything other than a service pic and your crudentials up there when going through the myriad people they have to get through you are sorely mistaken.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor

Rear Adm. Len Hering

That is not just the Academy's new policy on consumption It is the new Alcohol Policy for Naval Region Southwest, which includes all Navy bases in California, Arizona, New Mexico and some others... 11 bases in total brought to us by Rear Adm. Len Hering.

The purpose of the policy is to eliminate underage drinking, eliminate DUIs, and curtail excessive use of alcohol and binge drinking.

The 0 underage drinking, 0 drinks while in a duty status, and 0 DUIs all have enforceable penalties attached if you violate them. The 1 drink an hour, 3 drinks a night part is a guideline with no enforceable penalties attached.

At least for the fleet.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor

I'm glad VMI hasn't adopted this or else I'd miss out on all of the Upperclassmen coming back drunk and the fun that entails.