• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My pup pointed her first birds today.

RockyMtnNFO

None
Contributor
For anyone who has trained a bird dog, you will know that today was a big day for me. Cricket, my Wirehaired Pointing Griffon, went to the hunting club today and learned what her nose was for. She locked up on a couple of Chukars and it took a while before she stopped being afraid of them what with their wings beating and all. My son pet the dead bird we took with us home all the way back in the car. I can't wait till my wife finds another dead bird in the freezer; a trip to the couch, but worth it.

GO_AV8_DevilDog

Round 2...
Contributor
Congratulations! I had helped my step-father train a golden lab (not for pointing obviously) and I know how much of a pain it is!

how old is your pup?

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's a beautiful thing...

CIMG0253.jpg

CIMG0257.jpg

MD Eastern Shore Jan 2008

HAMMER SLAMMER

Congrats to you. I have 2 trained labs and even with great breedings, it is a lot of work. When dog and hunter become one, birds are gonna die. Chasin' chucks is no easy job in itself. They run, they play hide and seek, they flush wild, and the one that used to tick me off the most is when they would fly from a ridge to a vally and then stand there waiting for you.

MrsPickle

MIT- Manatee In Training
Contributor
Yay! Congrats RM! We have a Weimaraner that is pretty retarded and defective. She came from great hunting stock, but no dice.

farmdog.jpg

hunting003.jpg

Again, congrats!
(I'm a little jealous :p)

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Nothing better than hunting over a dog you trained yourself. Finn can't hold her licker long enough for a picture. Congrats.

Finnlicking.jpg

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Sadie doesn't come when called....unless a treat is involved but honestly the best lab in the world. Non-destructive, inside dog, and great workput partner!

Attachments

• DSC01318.JPG
    DSC01318.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 58

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
As long as we're comparing pooches, this is Newman. He's getting his app ready for USNA class of 14. He loves attempting to murder as many migratory birds he can get by the neck down here in Jax.

dscf0253.jpg

DSCF1350.jpg

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
he'll be chained to a desk in flight management in 4 or 5 years. don't you worry.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
My Shepherd destroys what he wishes...to include: running shoes, backpacks, belts, hats, flight suits, his toys, and lives....

And I'm pretty sure I caught him planning a surprise invasion of Poland.... Damn Germans.

Attachments

• IMG_0998.jpg
    IMG_0998.jpg
    476.7 KB · Views: 68