• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My pup pointed her first birds today.

MattWSU

pilot
Contributor
2656_1065211083444_1621047401_190394_7747489_n.jpg

You say "ball" and he goes nuts! One time I played fetch with him for an hour straight.

One of these things is not like the others...

FlyinRock

I certainly appreciate the deep satisfaction and anticipation with your pup. Such a delight and satisfaction that only comes with doing it.
An old story about the guys who joint ventured a hunting dog with great breeding background for an investment. They took the dog to a local trainer and told them they were both airline pilots with an eye to both dog training and hunting. Trainer asked the name of the dog and he was called "CoPilot" Six months went by and one of the guys went to check on the dog and hunt over him. Trainer said the dog was a natural and potential champion. He was charging $10 a day to hunt with the dog. Another couple months went by and a co-owner went to check and hunt.The trainer said the dog has progressed to top dog in the kennel and now charged $50 a day. Of course the co-owner was delighted at the financial prospects!
The other co-owner came to hunt and check on the dog and was distressed when the trainer told him the dog was now back down to $10 per day. When queried, the trainer said,"Well someone came to hunt over co-pilot and was so impressed that he started to call the dog CAPTAIN and now that damned dog just sits on his ass and barks."
<gg>
Semper Fi
Rocky

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
MrsPickle can fuck off..my dog rocks...she flushed out many a pheasant and retrieved several ducks...too bad she's supposed to be a pointer...
Pureblooded Iowa-Bred Weimaraner
Best.
Dog.
Ever.
(Notice the raw nose on her from the shitty weeds in Oklahoma)

Attachments

• hunting 004.jpg
    hunting 004.jpg
    514.2 KB · Views: 58
  • hunting 009.jpg
    hunting 009.jpg
    324 KB · Views: 70
  • hunting 008.jpg
    hunting 008.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 64
  • hunting 011.jpg
    hunting 011.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 53
  • hunting 010.jpg
    hunting 010.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 69

FlyinRock

MrsPickle can fuck off..my dog rocks...she flushed out many a pheasant and retrieved several ducks...too bad she's supposed to be a pointer...
Pureblooded Iowa-Bred Weimaraner
Best.
Dog.
Ever.
(Notice the raw nose on her from the shitty weeds in Oklahoma)
weeeeeew weeeew whoah
That was cold. I mean the dog had feelings too? How do you reward the retreiver?
I'm glad I don't have to explain this one to Mrs Pickle.
Uhhh.. the cold side of the bed is yours... and you just stay there with your freakin dog.
( My dog doesn't toss her leg over me or push me to the side of the bed and doesn't complain when I snore.)
Semper Fi and good luck
Rocky

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
My boxer retrieves himself.

Mine is simultaneously the smartest and dumbest creature i've met. He amazes me with figuring out how to open doors/take off collars etc, then he'll look right at me while I'm playing guitar hero (not paying attention to him) and piss on something.

The tarpon dance he does when I get home is pretty hilarious, though.

Mr. Blonde

My ass is a motherfuckin' champion
pilot
One of my little troublemakers. figure out what she is and get a cookie.

Attachments

• 100_1468.JPG
    100_1468.JPG
    637.4 KB · Views: 71

Mr. Blonde

My ass is a motherfuckin' champion
pilot
german shepherd lab mix?

Sadly though she is full grown, our best guess is shepherd/welsh corgie mix since she's got the stubby little legs but really we have no clue. She sure can jump though, I'm 6'2 and she can jump up and lick my face (she's only about a foot and a half tall when she's on all fours)

GO_AV8_DevilDog

Round 2...
Contributor
Sadly though she is full grown, our best guess is shepherd/welsh corgie mix since she's got the stubby little legs but really we have no clue. She sure can jump though, I'm 6'2 and she can jump up and lick my face (she's only about a foot and a half tall when she's on all fours)

looks like a good dog to me

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
Kind of off-topic, when you guys PCS or do some sort of move, what is the best way to move your pets? I'll have my first PCS move after API for Primary while having a dog (well, first PCS move in general, too). Does everybody just move them themselves or does the Navy help at all?

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
She's an amazing dog, best I've ever had.

And kcott, wouldn't you be driving to your primary duty station? The wife and I just packed the rascals in the back seat of the car coming out here.
Yeah, I drove him down here to Florida from Ohio, but he's getting bigger by the week, he's now 9 months old. I have a small sporty-type car and don't think he'll be able to fit comfortably for a long trip once he reaches full-size.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I've driven my big boy all over the country. MD to Texas, Tejas to Jax... Jax to MD for a week trip... We used to sedate him with a mild sleeping pill but lately he's been fine without it.

If they enjoy short car rides, they'll usually travel well. He rides fine in both my 4 door taco and my wifes little volvo s40, just gotta make sure he has enough room to lay down. If your dog has a bed he sleeps on, its a good thing to throw in the back seat so he has an idea what he's supposed to do back there (lay down and sleep it out).