• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Latest Purchase (or just pictures of your current guns)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
49563194601_e65010041e_b.jpg

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Assuming you’re rocking a KAC bcg in that?

I think it's a Centurion Arms BCG, since the upper is a CA build, but I'll have to look.

Edit: actually it's an old Spike's NiB BCG. I think the CA BCG went into another upper at some point.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just traded in my Glock 43 for this. I like it much better. It has twice the capacity, the grip fills my hand better, and yet it's still slim enough that I can CCW with normal clothes.
Still feels weird that Sig is onboard with the whole polymer striker-fired thing. But I love my M17.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Still feels weird that Sig is onboard with the whole polymer striker-fired thing. But I love my M17.
P228 was my first serious defensive pistol. Bought over 25 years ago (marked made in West Germany) for the hobby cop gig and never looked back. Everything else before was for funsies. The P365 is awesome but is kinda like the discussion in another thread. Flappy paddles or stick.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
P228 was my first serious defensive pistol. Bought over 25 years ago (marked made in West Germany) for the hobby cop gig and never looked back. Everything else before was for funsies. The P365 is awesome but is kinda like the discussion in another thread. Flappy paddles or stick.
I'm a convert. I've had a 229 for over 10 years. First handgun I ever shot was a buddy's 228 in college. Hated the Beretta, tried a Glock 19 for awhile, but always wanted the feel of that Sig compact. But the M17 is as good or better. Wank if one must about the manual safety, but the trigger and ergonomics are dead-nuts on. Worlds above the abomination that is the M9, but I'll even take it over a P229 with the consistency of trigger pull and the peace of mind of the manual safety.

I know that last isn't what all the Internet cool kids and the wannabe operators operating operationally (in their own minds) like to hear, but IMO, muscle memory takes care of it with practice.

Even if I still drive a stick. :)

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
I've got the full size 320 Nitron without the external safety. Plan is to get the compact conversion kit and mod the full size frame by cutting it down to retain the 17 round mag.20200330_075641.jpg

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
How's the recoil impulse on that? With that short piston, I would guess stouter than a DI gun, but less than a 416.