• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MREs for me

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
I'm on day 10 of only MREs. I still have more time to go and all I can say is that I'm done. The spiced pound cake is great, my sour skittle collection (traded for from those who get the chili Mac and meatball ones) is holding steady in preparation for my pinning, and all I want is something that I didn't cook leaning against my boot in a plastic bag and cardboard sleeve. MREs are fine but I'm limited amounts. I highly recommend the BBQ shredded pork, chicken with feta and sun-dried tomatoes, and the tuna. The tuna is a packet of starkist tuna and it is on point.

Ok, back to the COC for the afternoon watch.

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
Week three of MREs every day for lunch. Today, in the middle of training area 1 at Camp Blanding, 5 km from any hard top, we were doing mounted and unmounted patrols. Just as I finish my MRE, this thing pulls up!

BTW, chicken and noodles is the best snack MRE. It has Twizzler Bites, Beef Jerky, Cheese Spread, Crackers and Nuts & Raisins Mix.

Attachments

• MRE vs Food Truck small.jpg
    MRE vs Food Truck small.jpg
    355.9 KB · Views: 59

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I enjoy it sliced thin and fried crispy with melted cheese. Makes a great sandwich! I know, I know, it ain't good for us, but it sure is tasty.:D
Next we will all extol the virtues of SCRAPPLE. Anyone?

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I'm on day 10 of only MREs. I still have more time to go and all I can say is that I'm done. The spiced pound cake is great, my sour skittle collection (traded for from those who get the chili Mac and meatball ones) is holding steady in preparation for my pinning, and all I want is something that I didn't cook leaning against my boot in a plastic bag and cardboard sleeve. MREs are fine but I'm limited amounts. I highly recommend the BBQ shredded pork, chicken with feta and sun-dried tomatoes, and the tuna. The tuna is a packet of starkist tuna and it is on point.

Ok, back to the COC for the afternoon watch.
Invest in a jet boil and some dehydrated meals. I pretty much only ate snacks out of MRE's. Plus hot water for coffee or shaving is a lot better than a heating pack.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Week three of MREs every day for lunch. Today, in the middle of training area 1 at Camp Blanding, 5 km from any hard top, we were doing mounted and unmounted patrols. Just as I finish my MRE, this thing pulls up!

BTW, chicken and noodles is the best snack MRE. It has Twizzler Bites, Beef Jerky, Cheese Spread, Crackers and Nuts & Raisins Mix.

So what did the blond in ACUs do? Obviously everyone else, including the blond in Multicam have all shunned her and are talking about her. I mean, it's clear from the picture that's what's going on.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Perhaps. Who can say? You'd think they'd teach this stuff in school.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Some just apply the QA process and check up on the work executed. All ASM quals have been revoked...which were none.

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
So what did the blond in ACUs do? Obviously everyone else, including the blond in Multicam have all shunned her and are talking about her. I mean, it's clear from the picture that's what's going on.
The one in multicams is a medic. The other is a 15T (Blackhawk mechanic). If anything, the medic would have trouble with the chocks. LOL

The cool thing about the guard is that almost all of our medics are at least paramedic qualified. We have a couple of firefighters and RNs as well. There is no doubt you will get the best care in the back of an ARNG medevac helo; much better than an AD medevac helo.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
I love this stuff...

chef-boyardee-ravioli-ingredients-decoding-labels.jpg
Hell yeah @ChuckMK23! :D

Currently eating like a king on a PBI layover with some Chef Boyardee Beef Ravioli from the gas station...good times! :D

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hell yeah @ChuckMK23! :D

Currently eating like a king on a PBI layover with some Chef Boyardee Beef Ravioli from the gas station...good times! :D

View attachment 15774

Are those the issued sunglasses we got at the initial gear issue in API?! If so, I am impressed you have kept them so long. If not I again have to question your fashion sense, though at least you aren't wearing jorts so you are ahead of the Marines there.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Are those the issued sunglasses we got at the initial gear issue in API?! If so, I am impressed you have kept them so long. If not I again have to question your fashion sense, though at least you aren't wearing jorts so you are ahead of the Marines there.
Those are indeed his original issue (American Optical) - god I wish I still had mine! @mad dog keeps his gear meticulously maintained. I'm envious!