• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Motorcyles and Scooters, Oh My!

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Due to things not going as planned at motorcycle school for mrs. mad dog [she DOR’d due to multiple Honda Rebel drops and physical injuries], we have purchased a 2004 Honda Rebel for her to train on and ride…bravo zulu to mrs. mad dog for being persistent…

C68CC2C3-05A7-4655-B3A3-54E07B24919D.jpeg

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Seen at the local burger joint Saturday. That is a late '30 BMW R-12 and an early '30s Indian 4. The Indian rider had the coolest period 'stash and steam punk style cap. Nine other bikes arrived over an hour and parked along side. All Harleys but one. I was shock that every one of those riders paid no attention to those bikes. As the owner of a classic airplane, I can say people just have no idea the commitment, (and often time money) it takes to keep pieces of history like that operable and available for public viewing. Next time you see someone operating an antique or significant classic piece of machinery, thank them for being such good caretakers of history.

Indian.jpgIndian 4.jpg
That Indian motor was a piece of art.

Attachments

• Indian 4.jpg
    Indian 4.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 21

number9

Contributor
Has anyone ridden an MV Agusta F4 1000? I've always adored the styling (it's from Tamburini, of course) but have never actually thrown a leg over one.

joe dirt

pilot
Has anyone ridden an MV Agusta F4 1000? I've always adored the styling (it's from Tamburini, of course) but have never actually thrown a leg over one.
I have a little seat time (20 minutes )on a F4 1000S…back around 2009 or so. I had a 998 and a 748S and I’d say riding position is pretty similar…I liked it but not nearly as much as my old 998.

number9

Contributor
I have a little seat time (20 minutes )on a F4 1000S…back around 2009 or so. I had a 998 and a 748S and I’d say riding position is pretty similar…I liked it but not nearly as much as my old 998.
What made you like the 998 more? I currently have a HM1100S.. and a 998. :)

BattlingTrain

SNA Pro-Rec Y
Buying my first motorcycle in the coming weeks. Looking on FB marketplace and just being patient and waiting for a good deal to pop up. Hoping for a Ninja 650 but am open to any sport bike or certain cruisers. I'm 6'1, 215 lbs so opting for a 650cc over a 400cc. Any tips of what to look out for while looking at a used bike or advice in general?

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Just completed day 1 of 3 of basic MSF school with the wife unit...did classroom only stuff today. Thought it would be a good idea to do this school since I’ve probably developed quite a few bad habits regarding motorcycle riding…and it’s our 28th wedding anniversary tomorrow…and it’s Father’s Day the next day. I’m the only individual in the class that holds a full motorcycle endorsement and I’ve been warned [by the instructors] that individuals with previous motorcycle experience do the worst in the class. Fuck that…sounds like bad gouge…when they see me going full monty Evel Knievel by popping wheelies and jumping over shit tomorrow, they’ll be super impressed and want to hire me as an instructor pronto.

Also, I’ve already got some demerits…when we verbally went through the controls quiz today, I called the engine cut-off switch the “kill switch”. DOH! Apparently that’s a big no-no.