• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Motorcyles and Scooters, Oh My!

smpl_dude

Did someone say dirt?
View attachment 37479

I rode a YZ-250F when my kids were riding smaller bikes. The youngest grew up, got a garage of his own and my bike disappeared from my hangar to his garage. Hence, the photo is not of my actual bike. Road a bit in the street when I was in college. A two stroke Kawa 400 triple. Yeeeikes! That was quick. I assembled bikes from the crate at a dealership. Great job. Turning wrenches without all the grease and grime. Then the best part, motorcycle test pilot. Road all sorts of stuff. Of course, that was the late 70s. All that tech has been superseded and would not impress you. Back then we were all told dirt bikes would never have liquid cooling, mono shock, inverted forks or hydraulic brakes. And all the thumper 4 strokes were running back of the motocross field. My YZ-250F has all those details. Could not believe an OHC single cylinder 4 stroke could turn over 8000 rpm and produce nearly 50 hp. Can't imagine what some of the bikes appearing here are like to ride.
I love the YZ 250. I got to ride one at a test ride event out at the mx track and the 250 was probably my favorite. My brother got the 125 and its just such a great bike.
She’s shorter than you…she’s right at 5’0”…and fitment has been very challenging for her regarding seat height and arm reach.
I do really like this but when I sat on one, the seat height was above what's comfortable for me. I prefer to flat foot on stops and my inseam is around 28", I'm around 5'3"/5'4".
My dad is around 5'4 and has a big ole' BMW GS1200. He's practically hanging off the side at stop lights.

HSMPBR

Not a misfit toy
pilot
I did like the way the Sportster felt…
There you have it.

The peanut tank is a built-in evolution feature. When you’re making longer rides and getting mad about how short the range is, you know you’re enjoying riding enough to justify trading up to a low rider or Indian.

tarjas

Alooo-haaa
None
Been going down this path the last year. I’d recommend something dual sport or ADV oriented and easy to work on and reliable. The ability to get off the beaten path/paved roads really opens things up and is alot more enjoyable for me at least. My upgraded DR650 is my daily driver in Oahu. Tipper- don’t skimp on safety gear. Klim has a military program with a one time 30% discount. I bought an airbag vest, boots, and jacket and saved a bunch on good gear. 02F6EDDC-B1C6-4D0F-8069-80520605C76F.jpeg

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Been going down this path the last year. I’d recommend something dual sport or ADV oriented and easy to work on and reliable. The ability to get off the beaten path/paved roads really opens things up and is alot more enjoyable for me at least. My upgraded DR650 is my daily driver in Oahu. Tipper- don’t skimp on safety gear. Klim has a military program with a one time 30% discount. I bought an airbag vest, boots, and jacket and saved a bunch on good gear. View attachment 37644
Klim has a mil discount program? Great gouge! Thank you!

1676937328305.png

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
@tarjas - thanks again - just pulled the trigger on a new Marrakesh jacket - I've been looking for a decent warm wx jacket to augment my BMW Pace Dry ADV jacket - which is awsome btw - just a little too warm in summer. Klim was awesome.

1677000738686.png

tarjas

Alooo-haaa
None
Nice! I went with the induction jacket, gtx adv boots, fifty 2 jeans, carlsbad pants, and rally airbag vest. Buy once cry once… and i did cry…. but it is great gear that I have thrashed on the trails here the last 6 months and won’t need to replace for quite awhile.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
So wait. You will be sitting at a traffic light with Saint Mrs Mad Dog astride a Harley and you the Monkey? That is a Mutt and Jeff picture I have to see.

Correct.

You’ll have to wait a while for the pic…mrs. mad dog just passed her computer test for her motorcycle temps today…next, she’ll go through the new rider motorcycle safety course in a few weeks. She has never ridden a motorcycle…the plan is to do her initial motorcycle training/riding at the new rider motorcycle course on their bike…not the new-to-her HD 883 and not my amazing Honda Monkey [which is actually too tall for her anyway].

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
If you do that - that will push me to pull the trigger on the R1250 GS

View attachment 37666

Most excellent, candidate…and along the adventure bike lines, I found out yesterday that some Hells Angels MC members are supposedly transitioning to the HD Panamerica adventure bike. I also found out that I can never be a member of Hells Angels MC due to being a Cincinnati Police Officer during Delta pilot furlough…but mrs. mad dog is eligible to be in Hells Angels MC…WTFO?

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
If you do that - that will push me to pull the trigger on the R1250 GS

View attachment 37666
This is how things get out of control. First @mad dog gets a bigger bike, then Putin backs out of the START Treaty, then @ChuckMK23 gets a faster bike! To quote Adm. Painter, “This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it.”