• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MOS Placement and Air Option

Status
Not open for further replies.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Just talked to some Lts who selected recently. I believe they said that there were 3 pilot and 4 NFO slots available at MOS selection. That's pretty tough odds. In my class 8 years ago, there were 4 and 4. Some things don't change much.

You can switch from ground to air later. There is a LIMITED number of what they call "fleet assessions." However, aviation, even more than other jobs, is about MOS credibility, i.e. skills. Start late and you will have a lot of ground to make up against your peers. In other words, you'll be a nugget pilot, even though you date of rank may make you eligible for a dept head position. It's kind of a weird place.

Rainman

pilot
Originally posted by E5B
API was a blast. Just a few flights from my solo.

CQ yet?
Doing FCLPs right now actually. Not CQing until end of Jan or so .. .you'll be doing RIs about then I suppose .. ..good luck

airwinger

pilot
But.. the ASTB is easy but seems to trip people up. I think we had 4 NFO slots but could only fill 2 of them since noone had the scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.