• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Monster Marine OCS thread: stupid questions answered here!

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
^ Definately. Had a bunch of those in all sizes on the inside of my foot locker lid. ALso inside my binder. Helps a lot especially is you have a long last name like I did too.

jagges84

Semper Gumby "Always Flexible"
Hahaha....I can't believe I found this. Please see attached photo. I cut half of it off, as to not post my name on the web. Just imaging the other side looking the same. It saved ALOT of time, and made sure my name was straight every time.

Also, using the little bottle of black ink from the marking kit (using the little paintbrush they issued) was the best thing that ever happened to my markings...I swear, after I did that, I never had to remark again. Using boot polish is SO ridiculous. You have to remark them every night. Clothing markers work, but it takes forever, and it looks as if you used a marker.

Anyone going to OCS, i suggest that you tell your entire platoon the first night to use the black ink. It will save everyone alot of time, and make your platoon like good. The ones that decide not too, will most likely decide to after they see everyones.

Oh, but be carefully, that ink stains everything, even your hands.

Attachments

• DSC_0092.JPG
    DSC_0092.JPG
    781 KB · Views: 263

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
man..like an idiot I use the shoe polish once! After one cycle through the wash, I threw that crap away and used one of those giant markers everyone kept suggesting to bring.

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
Ga, you just made my nerves twitch a bit.

great... well, at least I'll be early for class tomorrow :)

Libo: Stafford is a good bet, comfort in gives a military discount and its right across from Applebees, Panera, and Chilli's. Get some rest, stuff yourself, and then get some more rest. Theres a theatre close by and a couple bars as well... can't get much better than that. g/l

-J

MasterHaynes86

Hahaha....I can't believe I found this. Please see attached photo. I cut half of it off, as to not post my name on the web. Just imaging the other side looking the same. It saved ALOT of time, and made sure my name was straight every time.

Also, using the little bottle of black ink from the marking kit (using the little paintbrush they issued) was the best thing that ever happened to my markings...I swear, after I did that, I never had to remark again. Using boot polish is SO ridiculous. You have to remark them every night. Clothing markers work, but it takes forever, and it looks as if you used a marker.

Anyone going to OCS, i suggest that you tell your entire platoon the first night to use the black ink. It will save everyone alot of time, and make your platoon like good. The ones that decide not too, will most likely decide to after they see everyones.

Oh, but be carefully, that ink stains everything, even your hands.

hmmm, what material did he use on that... thats what i want to know

ill be sure to keep my ink kit this time around... during the f-f games mine got lost in the abyss... tho, the ones i saw did look sharp

jagges84

Semper Gumby "Always Flexible"
That's just the 1 inch athletic tape that you use for labeling everything. Duct tape, packing tape, etc...will work as well.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
...picture...

Yeah thats what I was talking about. Thanks!!

My platoon actually MADE us mark the damn huge company letter with the shoe polish. That was only for our PT shirts though. My buddy's company had to mark all their shirts that way (Kilo maybe?). Every morning during the PT table stretching and whatnot, the staff would roam around through the formation f-ing with people and looking at everything. If they caught you with a markered-in shirt, you were getting chitted and writing about it that night. I spent a good week marking one of them with a laundry marker. It looked just as dark as the shoe polish or the ink. Only problem was in the morning once that sun hit it, you couldnt see the shoe polish caked on so it was obvious that you were about to write a "Failure to follow simple instructions" essay. I got away with it 3-4 times then I figured I better quit pushing my luck.

Ric Hard

Currently at OCS. Charlie Comapny 4th Platoon. They don't allow the rubber stamps for this class. If you have anything marked with a rubber stamp expect to get an essay or a chit. If you stay up for an hour you can put about 50 white stencil tapes under the lid of your foot locker. As far as under armour goes...... Some of the instructors alow it, some don't. They will allow it for the endurance course though. Definately recommend it. Not so much for the humps though. We are currently going through one of the colder winters for OCS and once you start moving on the humps you get to hot with it on. Good luck.