• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Mistake???

Oh-58Ddriver

Scouts Out!
None
Contributor
Here's my 2 cents (if it makes any difference, I am a female Army helicopter pilot currently in Iraq).

There is no worse feeling, no more horrible setiment, than looking back and wondering what could have been. Here in Iraq I have come to realize what it means to live a dream. You mention danger - and like wrk said, its unlikely something will happen - I am at the point where if I take a bullet into the cockpit tonight or crash and burn and I don't make it out, I will at least not die wondering what could have been. If you told me I was going to die in a crash, I still wouldn't stop flying.

So, the choice is yours. If it is something you want, do it. If it is something you want and you dont, you are guaranteeing yourself sleepless nights for the rest of your life wondering what if. If its something you don't want badly enough to make the commitment, you won't like it anyway.

AGurlWithADream

Thanks!

You are right. I need to discuss this with my husband. It is our decision. (Mostly mine, but his opinion counts too!)
I never want to have an unsettling feeling that I should be somewhere else or that I quit just when things were going my way.
There are things about the Navy that I miss, and definately things that I still want to experience.
I need to weigh my options carefully because you made a great point about eventually (In about 10 thousand years or so) wanting a family and deploying as a mother. Don't want kids now, but who knows later in the future!?!?!
I appreciate the opinions shared and the great advice.

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
Thanks!

You are right. I need to discuss this with my husband. It is our decision. (Mostly mine, but his opinion counts too!)
I never want to have an unsettling feeling that I should be somewhere else or that I quit just when things were going my way.
There are things about the Navy that I miss, and definately things that I still want to experience.
I need to weigh my options carefully because you made a great point about eventually (In about 10 thousand years or so) wanting a family and deploying as a mother. Don't want kids now, but who knows later in the future!?!?!
I appreciate the opinions shared and the great advice.

I'm getting in late on this one but I figured since the situation is normally reversed, I'll show that I am Fair & Balanced. Kick him to the curb ;)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Please don't go to the Airlines.

Ahhhh .... EXCELLENT.

And for the thread's original poster ... don't go into Naval Aviation. We need tigers in Aviation ... not kitty-cats.

You either want it -- the good, bad, and the ugly ... or you shouldn't be there. There's NO confusion on that. Never has been. You won't make it in NAVAIR with your attitude, nor should you.

C-Mike

And for the thread's original poster ... don't go into Naval Aviation. We need tigers in Aviation ... not kitty-cats.

You either want it -- the good, bad, and the ugly ... or you shouldn't be there. There's NO confusion on that. Never has been. You won't make it in NAVAIR with your attitude, nor should you.

Ouch.
...But perhaps that's why we tend to hear the not too uncommon phrase, "A4s for President." Despite my newbie posting status, this is generally a military Aviation forum. ...Good stuff.

However to the thread's original poster, if you never give your dream a shot, you likely might always look back and regret it. Do what you want, while also taking into consideration what you want for your family (husband). I would assume/hope the system will sort out whether you belong there or not. (not that I know anything about the system)

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
Oprah sucks also.

Aren't they the same?

Look, bottom line. Naval aviation: Greatest thing you'll ever get into. Flight suit: greatest thing you'll ever get out of. Rock out wiith your chocks out, especially if your husband supports it. Hell, he can even join the spouses corner and get closer to them than even Brett has dreamed about.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Aren't they the same?

Look, bottom line. Naval aviation: Greatest thing you'll ever get into. Flight suit: greatest thing you'll ever get out of. Rock out wiith your chocks out, especially if your husband supports it. Hell, he can even join the spouses corner and get closer to them than even Brett has dreamed about.

You'd be surprised at the loyal moles I have over there. :D

Brett