• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Mistake???

AGurlWithADream

I am going to talk with a recuiter this week.
Especially since the old guy doesn't think I am qualified to handle the job.:D
By the way...I am allergic to "kittens"...except the 1968 Cougar that is parked in my garage, and that's because she purrrrrs louder than any tiger you could ever show me.
Don't tell me that I should not be flying, that will just push me harder...I wasn't lying when I said that it is something that I want badly.
I worked hard while enlisted to prove myself as being beyond ready for this opportunity. And I earned the support of many, even those old crusty guys who took one first glance and automatically doubted me because I was a young girl.
Perhaps my intent when posting this thread at 4-something A.M. was to find some guy to tell me that I wasn't fit so that it would motivate me to finally do something about this itch that I have had for 10 months now, since I got out of the Navy instead of submitting my OCS package.

Now don't ever act like you have never had a life-changing decision to ponder. Then after you finally chose, found out that you would have rather went in the other direction. It is rare to have an opportunity to correct...so I when I see it, I take it.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
Now don't ever act like you have never had a life-changing decision to ponder. Then after you finally chose, found out that you would have rather went in the other direction. It is rare to have an opportunity to correct...so I when I see it, I take it.

Good luck. Don't fvck it up this time. JK. :D :D

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
Good luck --> Start PTing though...I know Navy OCS isn't the same as Marine but it IS longer... and Marine OCS was hell ...... anyway...Maybe I'll see you out in the fleet.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Don't tell me that I should not be flying, that will just push me harder...I wasn't lying when I said that it is something that I want badly.

The point is...that if you want it "so badly", why are you here asking what you should do?

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
The point is...that if you want it "so badly", why are you here asking what you should do?

Reading Comprehension.

AGURLWITH A DREAM said:
I am a newlywed, which had some bearing on my decision. My husband said that he would support any decision that I make...but I know that he has little desire to see my fly due to the risk of losing me.
I finish grad school in May, and now I am stuck asking myself, "Did I make a huge mistake?"
If so, what can I do to change this?
(To barrow from a "Mean Old Ha'ole," emphasis mine)

She's gathering information, the experiences of others, to help her weigh her options and make the best decision.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Before the internet, you had to make major decisions by confiding with close personal friends who had no idea what they were talking about.

Now, with the internet, you can confide with hundreds of strangers, most of whom also have no idea what they're talking about.

Pick your poison.

If major decisions were easy, they wouldn't be major decisions. You get some input that you take for what it's worth and you make your call.

AGurlWithADream

Well said...

Ahhhh poison, I miss that stuff. (Not much time for outings since grad school) But if I had my choice, it would be Guinness...or Te-kill-ya...
Mmmm, I miss Guinness.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I am going to talk with a recuiter this week.
Especially since the old guy doesn't think I am qualified to handle the job.:D ...... Don't tell me that I should not be flying, that will just push me harder........
Reading comprehension is a good thing. In fact, you gotta RTFQ if you are gonna' "fly" with the Eagles (or tigers, if you prefer) .....

What the "old guy" said was :
"you won't make it in NAVAIR with your attitude, nor should you" ... and that's just what the "old guy" meant.

I've seen thousands and trained hundreds of pilots ... no exaggeration ... so I know what it "takes" to make the grade. You don't: you only think you do. Hand wringing on an open, public internet forum asking strangers for advice is not a big plus, in one "old man's" opinion.

As far as whether or not you're "qualified" ... I wouldn't know, would I?? But do you???

"Qualified" is not the end-game. Guts, ability, smarts, courage, persistence, luck, timing, and knowing one's own mind are more important than just being ... "qualified". Everyone goes to Pensacola "qualified" ... many don't make it. Repeat: knowing one's own mind is a primary consideration.

Qualified ??? Many are called ... but few are chosen. :)

Tsk, tsk .... Gotta go now .... A4s and Dr. Phil have to cook dinner ....

Cordespc

None
Contributor
To the original poster: pursue your dreams...only you know what is best for you, yada yada, yada.

For everyone else: Would this thread really have three pages of replies if the originator was some random male ex-squid looking for advice? :icon_roll

@ Huggy Bear: outstanding use of the word "familial." Notional rep points for you.:icon_zbee

/Thread jack
-Paul