• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Mistake???

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
...For everyone else: Would this thread really have three pages of replies if the originator was some random male ex-squid looking for advice? :icon_roll-Paul
Well ... you can "roll eyes" all you want -- that's no argument .... but that's also the difference between me and many of you boys. And girls, too ... :)

I can't speak for three pages or for the rest .... but for me, the answer is a hard-core ... AFFIRMATIVE. I would have said what I said ... male or female. I don't take sides based on whether you sit or stand to pee.

You see, I don't judge by race, creed, sex, nor mental capacity ... which sometimes is severely lacking herein ...

I ONLY judge Aviators by PERFORMANCE. Get it??? And trends. And the always much harder to quantify "tendencies" and "attitudes" . How many have you seen??? Probably not too many, I would guess. But I have. I've seen the "attitude" it takes --- time and time and time and time again .... but .... if YOU haven't ... then wait @ 40 years and come back and we'll discuss it.

If I have the time .... or the inclination.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
When you're 50 years old and watching you kids get married, you may wonder how your life would be different if you took that chance.
You say you come from a Navy family and were enlisted, so you know what sacrifices you'll have to make.
I choose the road less travelled and it has made all the difference in my life.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Let me guess....two roads diverged...

[QUOTE I choose the road less travelled and it has made all the difference in my life.[/QUOTE]

Boooooo...to an unattributed near Robert Frost quotation...:icon_wink

I agree with the sentiment however.