• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Meridian Gouge

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
"One Above Bob's" spawn is there in -7 now instructing. Pretty mellow IP too.

Ya know, I was in NMM for 2 years (Int/Adv) and NEVER flew with "Yeller" or "JDizzle". I owe somebody a beer.

I flew almost exclusively with them. JD was my on-wing in T-2 BIs. They're not that bad once you get used to them. The added benefit is that once they become "the norm" to you, everybody else is a piece of cake.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
I probably stressed more ANTICIPATING flying with them than you all did when he was at the console!

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
"One Above Bob's" spawn is there in -7 now instructing. Pretty mellow IP too.

Ya know, I was in NMM for 2 years (Int/Adv) and NEVER flew with "Yeller" or "JDizzle". I owe somebody a beer.

Yep, he's IP in -7. Awesome guy, awesome instructor. Cares a lot about his students... and a lot of fun to do 1v1 high-aspect ACM with!

I simmed with Jdizzle once....

I simmed with "Yeller" a few times. Once you get over the initial shock... he grows on you. I actually liked him a lot by the end of the program.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
I was flying a sim with JD once in the A-4 sim, and he was all over my A$$. Being in my own little world at the time (closed in the sim) I said (evidently yelled) "I'M WORKING ON IT A$$HOLE!!!".

When I got out, we had the following conversation:

JD: "Look, I know you're working on it. You don't have to call me an a$$hole."

Me: "Oh. You heard that?"

Yeller (from across the room while laughing hysterically): "The whole building heard that"

They're both pretty good guys.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I simmed with "Yeller" a few times. Once you get over the initial shock... he grows on you. I actually liked him a lot by the end of the program.

Agreed. He really wants to see you do well, just has a boisterous (understatement) personality and a low BS tolerance . . .

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Agreed. He really wants to see you do well, just has a boisterous (understatement) personality and a low BS tolerance . . .

He's got a decent sense of humor too. We were talking to him once at Key Field, he was flying a twin out of there. Funny guy, and friendly outside the sim building.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I once filed for Victor routes on a sim once.... Z got wind of it and asked me if I wanted to be a helo pilot and that I should make rotor noises when I'm flying the sim. Freakin riot.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
I ran into one of JDizzle's students out in town once (he's a math instructor at the college). She claimed all his students LOVED him, that he was the nicest professor and a great teacher. I kept having to confirm we were talking about the same person!

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I ran into one of JDizzle's students out in town once (he's a math instructor at the college). She claimed all his students LOVED him, that he was the nicest professor and a great teacher. I kept having to confirm we were talking about the same person!

Yep, roommate tutored one of his students. She adored JDizzle.

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
JD was my on-wing in T-2 BIs. They're not that bad once you get used to them. The added benefit is that once they become "the norm" to you, everybody else is a piece of cake.

Roooooger that. I am with you. You don't know if you should be happy or sad about your sim onwing.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Friend of mine ran into him in the golf course before ever being introduced to the legend, let alone the real experience in the sim. Walked away convinced he had just met the nicest sim instructor in Meridian.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Friend of mine ran into him in the golf course before ever being introduced to the legend, let alone the real experience in the sim. Walked away convinced he had just met the nicest sim instructor in Meridian.

HAhaha nice. Yeah I saw him at the course a lot when I'd eat lunch there. He's only "the legend" in the sim. Always pleasant outside of it.