• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Meridian Gouge

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not always true....had a buddy who got a 2 BELOW with Mr. Kay. His boots were brighter than my Irish ass in sunlight.

And he must have SUCKED. 2 belows?! DAMN. Mr. Kay was a good instructor, he really cared, but never a hammer on the grades. 2 below? Yeesh.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What is this polish, and why does it go on boots?

Because this IP expects it, thus we show up with boots which shine brighter than the aforementioned Irish a** . . .

It's funny, he complained to me once that he has a worldview of aviation he tries to instill in students, and it nevertheless gets boiled down to "show up early and shine your boots . . ."

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think he was performing a colonoscopy on himself at the time.
Rep points while I clean Sierra Nevada off my screen . . .

Harrier Dude said:
Is "One Above Bob" still there?
I walk into the briefing space with him for an RI hop and he starts talking in all seriousness about buzzwords. How "jointness" used to be the new buzzword that we had to honor, but it's been replaced by "diversity." And how he had a new plan to have the name of the base changed in order to promote diversity.

Without so much as cracking a smile or changing that trademark deadpan tone of voice, he turned around and wrote on the board:

NAVAL MASTER JET TRAINING BASE MERIDIAN
A DEVELOPMENT OF THE MISSISSIPPI BAND OF CHOCTAW INDIANS

So I sit there for a second going :confused: and trying to digest the randomness, when without any fanfare he just launches right into briefing the hop. Bizarre . . .

larbear

FOSx1000
pilot
I had him for an EP sim... "here's some emergencies, why don't you take care of them while I have a smoke break. I'll be back in 15 minutes..." I'm sure I earned my one above by talking guns in the debrief. Most of these guys seem to have a couple of things that they want to see/hear, and the gouge from the student ready room has been dead on. Creatures of habit, I guess you might say.

Edit... Come to think of it, I don't think I did get a one above from one above Bob. It was an EP sim. Anyway, talking guns is still the way to his heart.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Want him on your good side? Start talking guns with him.

He has a bad side? Is the still the absolute picture of healthy living that he once was?

For those who don't know Bob, the typical T-2 sim with Bob is as follows.

Any SNA: "Gear up"

Bob: "You're lost comm"

(Door slamming, the sweet, sweet stench of cigarette smoke wafts into the sim trailer)

Any SNA: "Sir, are you there?"

Silence

Grading Criteria:

Crash= 1 above
Decent flight= 1 above
Dual engine flameout approach to the boat (IMC at night) to an OK 3= 1 above

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Mefesto said:
The 2 below from Mr. Kay is pretty epic... however who can forget Jon Miller "vballindaytona" who DOR'd after his second sim and getting yelled at by good ole Mr. Z. Never even sat in the jet.

That's fvcking sad.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Mefesto said:
You knew this didn't you? The best was when he showed up at Mid Town, hadn't been kicked out of the Navy yet, with an earing in, and his metro urban camo on.

I didn't know him... remember I started like 6 months after you.

Wow. Just wow.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Mefesto said:
Yet you winged like 5 minutes after me?

Whats the winging time down to now at ole NMM?

My class was 12.5 months or so. Right on timeline. Not sure about the classes behind us, but I'm sure it's pretty comparable. All the badness has been taken out of VT-7, at least when I left. VT-9 was the fvcked up one at that point... but I think they fixed themselves too.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
"One Above Bob's" spawn is there in -7 now instructing. Pretty mellow IP too.

Ya know, I was in NMM for 2 years (Int/Adv) and NEVER flew with "Yeller" or "JDizzle". I owe somebody a beer.