• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MEPS Issues

gotta_fly

pilot
To scoolbubba and all the others who are so quick to judge....

Lose the chip on your shoulder, or whatever is causing you to be so grumpy. If you see someone with wings under their name, or any of the commissioned students that have been offering advice, you can pretty much count on their information being better than yours. They are trying to help, not just being judgmental for fun. Winged Naval Aviator > "FS SNA".

The rules are there because our opinion of what matters isn't a good judge of what might actually matter in a demanding flight environment. It might mean nothing, but since the OP hasn't told us the specific situation that's probably why people who fly for a living are erring on the side of caution.

dharak

Hi all,

A question related to the flight physical but slightly different. I have searched and searched the forums and the internet but haven't gotten any response. I am interested in USMC Aviation and I was wondering if costochondritis was a disqualifying condition. Is it waiverable or is it even an issue at all?

Thank you
Dharak

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Hi all,

A question related to the flight physical but slightly different. I have searched and searched the forums and the internet but haven't gotten any response. I am interested in USMC Aviation and I was wondering if costochondritis was a disqualifying condition. Is it waiverable or is it even an issue at all?

Thank you
Dharak

Here is where you can find out:NAMI Waiver guide

skydiving

I spoke with recruiter again yesterday...he felt what I left off would not cause me any problems. He said if it came up in my flight physical when they did a background check, just to say I forgot to put it on and didn't think about it till later, he said i have the records to show that I would have tried to change it (with email and stuff), but at this point it is too difficult to change. One item he felt I may have to explain later but he said just be truthful at that point b/c again it is not a show stopper. He felt once you made it that far you are able to talk and explain yourself and as long as I wasnt hidding something like asthma I should be ok. Still worried about it but I guess its out of my hands now and although i listened to the recruiter with the records, it was my decision so I can deal with it either way.

skydiving

I had gone to counseling for a little bit for depression trying to figure out my life, which was what I left off the form. I just want to say I'm dissapointed about how judgemental everyone is at this forum. I have busted my butt working towards and applying for the position of pilot. I can't change what happened at MEPS I'm told its set. But I'm willing to and working to serve this country as a pilot for most of my life, and if you can't understand that people make mistakes or change their minds about events then I don't see how you are qualified to judge me. People should not judge someone on their past and hence it was my reason for leaving it off the form as I felt it didn't define who I was as a person and what I could accomplish in the NAVY. If if comes up in my flight physical I will fully explain the truth and that I wasn't thinking when I filled out the form. If I get sent home I get sent home, if they don't check and I pass I pass, or if they check and I explain maybe I will still pass as I plan on kicking ass at OCS.

No one is perfect and its about time you stopped judging me so harshly when their are much worse things in this world...

PJ81

FS SNA
I just want to say I'm dissapointed about how judgemental everyone is at this forum. I

Once you read around here you'll notice thick skin is a virtue. Just remember this is an internet forum, and don't let it bother you. You can gain a lot from these forums if you take them for what they are, and don't look for a place where everyone will tell you everything will be ok. I don't think anyone here is going to try and stop you from reaching your goals, so who really cares what they say? Just look for the advice that you think will help you to get where you want to go.

blarged

ready
People should not judge someone on their past

Incomplete thought in the quote. We are not just our past and we are not just our present, we define who we are by the way we have and do live our lives.

If in the past I lied and cheated, causing you personal grief, you would naturally not trust me as much in the future. Even if I came to you years later and apologized, there is still that past.

You did the right thing going to your OR and talking about your concerns. Whether or not your OR gave you the best response for your concerns, I have no idea. You now have written documentation of your attempt to right the situation, which I guess is good down the road ... but it kind of sounds to me like a ticking time bomb you are just going to have to watch.

Integrity is built and destroyed over time.

DaveI

How extensive is the background check for medical? I have a three year history from my doctor but do I need to provide more than that?

Also my mom is a pharmacist and would often times cross my prescriptions with my sister or her own. I was prescribed an inhaler for bronchitis a few years back, which I was waivered on, but I can imagine my mother refilled it a few times being the hypochondriac she is.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Here's the deal, and why it's a big one. I don't give a flying eff that you went to counseling. None of us do. But the fact is, you didn't put something on a form that requires you to swear it is complete to the best of your knowledge: that's a lie, no matter which way you look at it. All of us with what you want (wings) have filled out the same form, and not many of us had a problem following its directions. Nobody wants to hang around someone they can't trust, and we definitely don't want people who aren't trustworthy making it into a cockpit.

You're probably a pretty decent guy, but don't get mad when you come on here asking for advice...and then get bent when we don't give it to you pretty please with a spoonful of sugar. We will continue to judge you...if this pushes your buttons so bad, what's OCS or the TRACOM going to do to you?

Here's a hint about flight school: you are constantly being evaluated and judged...in and out of the aircraft. There are guys here who I love hanging out with, but have flown with and never want to fly with again. It's not personal, but I made a judgment and reserve the right to stick by it. I'll probably have to fly with them again, but the fact that they didn't know their shit and scared me in the plane doesn't just go away in my brain because they said sorry and they had a bad day...when I know it wasn't just a bad day.

You've gotten good advice here, and a lesson in thickness of skin plus a helping of integrity to boot. Let the cards fall where they will, good luck with OCS if/when you get there.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Skydiving,
I am too big of a pussy to be in the Navy, I should join the Airforce.

Way to go on your first post, calling someone out. Do we even know your background? Don't come on here and call someone out, the AF too, if you we don't know whether you have been there done that. Fill out your bio and what not. Otherwise, you won't be on this site.