• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Mental decline in high-flying military pilots

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I believe I gots some of that 'dain-bramage.'

But I thinks it was from a "high-flying" lifestyle, rather than "flying high."
Cat, I think your 'dain bramage' was more from inhaling all that Pfantum tailpipe smoke, as much as your "airborne lifestyle"! ;)
BzB

RadicalDude

Social Justice Warlord
1) Why are fighter cabins only pressurized at 18k altitude? Does it have anything to with with safety during ejection?

Modern fighter cabins are pressurized differently. In the Rhino, cabin altitude is pegged at 8k' until 24,500, then scheduled at 40% of ambient. Without discussing capes and lims, it's safe to say this is less than 18k' feet...

Renegade One

None
Without discussing capes and lims, it's safe to say ...
I know exactly where you're coming from:

"I... I don't know exactly how to put this, sir, but are you aware of what a serious breach of security that would be? I mean, he'll see everything, he'll... he'll see the Big Board!" ~ GEN Buck Turgidson

Renegade One

None
Modern fighter cabins are pressurized differently. In the Rhino, cabin altitude is pegged at 8k' until 24,500, then scheduled at 40% of ambient. Without discussing capes and lims, it's safe to say this is less than 18k' feet...
No longer "modern" in your mind, I'm sure, but I seem to recall Phantoms and Tomcats being the same…8K until something in the 20+K range, but then a fixed PSI differential above that. Might have been 40% of ambient…but I never heard it described in that manner.

Renegade One

None
Right! I'd forgotten how cheap it was to live a decadent life style back in our day. :) Smokes a buck a carton at sea, and beer at the club during happy hour was only ten cents a can (not to mention we had Go-go dancers ;)).
Kinda repeating myself, but JFC!!!...
"I... I don't know exactly how to put this, sir, but are you aware of what a serious breach of security your post is? I mean, the kids of today will know everything, …they'll see the Big Board!"

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Right! I'd forgotten how cheap it was to live a decadent life style back in our day. :) Smokes a buck a carton at sea, and beer at the club during happy hour was only ten cents a can (not to mention we had Go-go dancers ;)).
^^^^^^^Omg, say it isn't so... ?

Yo Shoe, in today's PC environment, it's no surprise that the things we we enjoyed/considered fun back in the day, are now either majorly discouraged, or outright banned, and ONE MINOR stumble along the way, a career killer.:(

Beware the invisible health & morality police.:eek:
BzB

brownshoe

Contributor
Kinda repeating myself, but JFC!!!...
"I... I don't know exactly how to put this, sir, but are you aware of what a serious breach of security your post is? I mean, the kids of today will know everything, …they'll see the Big Board!"

^^^^^^^Omg, say it isn't so... ?

Yo Shoe, in today's PC environment, it's no surprise that the things we we enjoyed/considered fun back in the day, are now either majorly discouraged, or outright banned, and ONE MINOR stumble along the way, a career killer.:(

Beware the invisible health & morality police.:eek:
BzB

Not to mention a "little known codicil" in the Air Warriors User's Agreement called "Double-Secret Probation"...

SHIT! I guess I'm screwed.:eek:

Last edited:

brownshoe

Contributor
I wouldn't give up my time in the Navy with people like Corkyboy, Derf, BzB, Ron or A4s for anything. Worked hard and played hard. Bring on another Yuma det.

Last edited: