• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

McCain's Surprise VP Pick; governor, pilot, and can wield an M4

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
I wasn't talking about whether or not a VP can sway public opinion. Shit, a candidate can sway public opinion by getting a penis enlargement, even though it has nothing to do with whether or not they'd make a good President. I was saying that in reality, the job is just a figurehead unless the President croaks or becomes debilitated, or in the rare case that the senate votes on an exact tie.

That kind of changed with umm... Al Gore and umm, oh yeah, Dick Cheney. VPs are much more important than they used to be, and not just in electoral devil-deals.

Main point: Moderates who are socially-liberally-inclined were written off this morning by the McMilf ticket. Love it or hate it, THAT was the prudent political and strategic decision, given that pro-choice, "anti-gay" VP would cause a fatty chunk of the conservative base to stay at home. Hmm, pull a few more moderates in, or go balls out, and try and drag the base back to war???

This is NOT about stealing more Hillary supporters. This may have the effect of shoving both the experience AND age issues under the table when discussing the conglomerated tickets.

Push comes to shove, this choice was about getting the base back and excited and wrapping it in an attractive, "forward-looking," Straight Talk-esque package.

It's a friggin gamble...

Sure, Lieberman would have been more ballsy. It would have been stupid too.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Haha, that's actually a pretty funny website. She was really cute younger (not saying she isn't good looking now).

Firstly, when it boils down to it, it really doesn't matter how much "experience" a candidate has. When they get to office, whoever it may be, he is going to hire a dozen people with graduate degrees to "advise" him on what to do in most matters.

Secondly, the vice presidency is relatively meaningless unless the President becomes incapacitated somehow for a long period of time.

Correct! And with McCain's old ass in office, the MILF being President is a reality. This is a horrible move, and again, McCain just doomed this election. Smart women will see through the genber BULLSHIT and vote Obama. Republicans are ****ed.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The real issue is what she is capable of...not how she looks, or how she pees.

As we both know, the real issue isn't about what her capabilities are, only how she's perceived by the electorate, which brings us back to my original point: People don't trust hot chicks with important/serious things. Sad but true.

Brett

hornsfan

happy to be here
pilot
Hey, one things for sure. The VP debates are going to be a lot more interesting now than had it been Biden vs Romney.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Having your family on stage is a bit different than using a health condition to garner sympathy votes. If she wants to march her family out on stage, that's to be expected as it's what politicians do these days.

I do find it interesting that you all seem to have assumed that I was refering to the Right or McCain using this, when I'm at least as much worried that the Dems (borrowing Rove's style and keeping it far removed from Obama, to keep his hands clean) will use this to suggest that she should be tending to her kid rather than running for office.

The Dems are twice as vicious as Rove could ever hope to be--they just have co-conspirators in the press who don't call their BS. Nothing would surprise me from them.

I haven't seen her use her family for sympathy, so I think it's premature to assume she'll do so. However, the child with Down's Syndrome means that she walks the talk on the abortion issue. There are a LOT of women who wouldn't take a baby with a major birth defect to term. Kudos to her.

Break...break...being governor of any state brings a different perspective than 2 senators on 1 ticket. Plus, I'd put even her previous job as mayor of Wherethehellisthat, AK, as being a bigger job than Obama's as "community organizer," whatever the f**k that is.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
That kind of changed with umm... Al Gore and umm, oh yeah, Dick Cheney. VPs are much more important than they used to be, and not just in electoral devil-deals.
In regards to what, exactly? What political policy has Gore or Cheney been able to institute without direct Presidential approval?

Status
Not open for further replies.