• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

McCain's Surprise VP Pick; governor, pilot, and can wield an M4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A cougar's a Lady of a Certain Age who likes to pursue younger men. As far as I know, that's not one of her predilections.

Though if it is, let me say: ma'am, I'm only 31. :tongue2_1

wingsB4rings

Four fans of freedom, all day long
None
Watch some Air Force NATOPS-I equivalent check the flight schedule and crap himself.

Random AF Major: "Sir?"

92nd CO: "Yes?"

Major: "I know the SkedsO likes to screw with me, but I don't think this was supposed to make the signed copy."

CO: "What wasn't I supposed to sign for?"

Major: "Umm . . . THAT!"

CO: "Oh, no, that's supposed to be there. You're giving the President and VP their checkride tomorrow."

Major: *gulp*

Or imagine being McCain's son's on-wing in primary.

Random8145

So, to take a joke that had been made in this election and advance it a bit:

How in the hell hard is this election for people? You've got a guy who may be a racist apparently on one side running for President, who picked a tired old goofball fart for his VP, and then you've got a decorated fighter pilot war hero who is married to a beautiful woman who owns and runs America's largest beer distributorship, and he just picked a gun-loving, take-no-shit, hockey-playing MILF for his VP.

EASY CHOICE, PEOPLE

:)

UMichfly

pilot
None
So, to take a joke that had been made in this election and advance it a bit:

How in the hell hard is this election for people? You've got a guy who may be a racist apparently on one side running for President, who picked a tired old goofball fart for his VP, and then you've got a decorated fighter pilot war hero who is married to a beautiful woman who owns and runs America's largest beer distributorship, and he just picked a gun-loving, take-no-shit, hockey-playing MILF for his VP.

EASY CHOICE, PEOPLE

:)

Might as well throw in a Muslim reference and a "Hussein" reference if you're going to be complete with that collection of meaningless red herrings ;).

p.s. The A4 was an ATTACK aircraft and I know an esteemed member of this board who might be offended at that oversight :D.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
In other media: The WSJ likes Sarah. I'd say this is another reason picking her was a good choice. Pro or con, all the stories about McCain's campaign now use words like "bold," "risky," "big chances," "non-traditional," "energized the base," "maverick," etc. If you're running on change and reform, that's just what you want.

The NYT did run a correction a few weeks ago, acknowledging that even though they've called JSM a fighter pilot many times, he in fact flew Attack.

But whatever. Most of the American Public doesn't know the diff and doesn't care, and probably think "fighter pilot" sounds cool, so that's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.