• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

McCain's Surprise VP Pick; governor, pilot, and can wield an M4

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJB37

I'm about as socially conservative as they come, and I've liked everything I've heard so far about Palin's views (pro-Life and anti-gay marriage, for example). In which areas were you looking for her to be more socially conservative?

I don't put much stock in the MSM smearing her Creationist beliefs...OH LAWDY, THE WOMAN DUZN'T THINK WE CAME SWINGIN OUT THE TREES!!! (or oozing out of the bog slime, either). Do your thing, Palin.

I'm having trouble understanding where you're coming from, considering Palin was widely considered one of the most socially conservative candidates for VP. Research a little more before you formulate your opinion.

I'm retarded and meant socially liberal, not socially conservative... score one for dyslexia.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
WRT the McCain camp and their strategy of attacking Obamas experience, I think one could argue that they have already shifted to attacking Obamas judgement, and attacking his mantle of change by saying McPalin lives and breathes the change to the system.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Nah man, that's just the first thing I dredged up. Like you said, it's not as horrid or as un-founded as Moveon or Truth or some related garbage. The fact that people are so vehemently against me posting anything to discredit the woman, though, is hilarious.

Vehemently against? More amusement at your desperation.

The original article.
http://dwb.adn.com/news/politics/elections/story/8347904p-8243554c.html

Funny how wired omitted her clarifications:
Copyrighted quote removed; see article above for her comments
It's never been an issue she's campaigned on and she said she wouldn't push the Board of Ed to add creationism to the curriculum.

So, nothing more than smug "I'm better than the silly mouth-breathing Christian who doesn't believe in evolution" crap. I don't agree with her, but it's no deal-killer and I won't begrudge her personal beliefs as it's not part of her policy.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Is McCain really as close to a "heartbeat from death" as many would have us believe?

I know people can drop dead like his father and grandfather did, but still...

Thoughts?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is McCain really as close to a "heartbeat from death" as many would have us believe?

I know people can drop dead like his father and grandfather did, but still...

Thoughts?
President Bush was a half a pretzel away from death at one point. Weird stuff happens, and as you get older it becomes more likely. The "one heartbeat away" phrase was actually the title of a book concerning VP succession, IIRC. I don't think he's in any danger any more than I think Senator Obama is in serious danger from white supremacists. But Murphy is alive and well, or else the Presidential succession wouldn't have to be as detailed as it is.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
You would have to ask his doctor.

However, he is not getting any younger and studies have shown that POWs (and victims of battlefield trauma) have higher occurence of gastrointestinal and cardiovascular complaints & illness, to include peptic ulcer disease, hypertension and myocardial infarction.
This info is from "The Body Bears the Burden" by Dr. Robert G. Scaer, BTW.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
However, he is not getting any younger and studies have shown that POWs (and victims of battlefield trauma) have higher occurence of gastrointestinal and cardiovascular complaints & illness, to include peptic ulcer disease, hypertension and myocardial infarction.
This info is from "The Body Bears the Burden" by Dr. Robert G. Scaer, BTW.

Are you serious?!?!:D
She's a pilot. I think he wanted to be able to sit around Air Force 1 and bullshit with his VP about flying.

I didn't know Palin was a pilot. Hillarious...you can just see 'em walking up to the cockpit halfway through a trans-pac on Air Force 1..."Alright guys...go coffee up...we got this one.":D;)

snake020

Contributor
Gov. Palin has zero foreign policy experience...

I wouldn't say that, she's worked with the Canadians that were trying to steal revenue from the gas pipeline project they've got going on up there. Had diplomacy not worked, I'm sure she would have dispatched polar bears and dog sled teams to the border with the Yukon.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Are you serious?!?!:D

I didn't know Palin was a pilot. Hillarious...you can just see 'em walking up to the cockpit halfway through a trans-pac on Air Force 1..."Alright guys...go coffee up...we got this one.":D;)
Watch some Air Force NATOPS-I equivalent check the flight schedule and crap himself.

Random AF Major: "Sir?"

92nd CO: "Yes?"

Major: "I know the SkedsO likes to screw with me, but I don't think this was supposed to make the signed copy."

CO: "What wasn't I supposed to sign for?"

Major: "Umm . . . THAT!"

CO: "Oh, no, that's supposed to be there. You're giving the President and VP their checkride tomorrow."

Major: *gulp*

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Check out 0:55.

Apparently Palin owns a floatplane. She's some sort of Grizzly freakin' Adams out there, not to mention that her husband is a snowmobile-racing commercial fisherman who works North Slope oilrigs in the off-season. I think she's going to go hunting at Camp David, then tie the carcasses to the hood of her limo, back to the Naval Observatory, were her kids are playing on the newly-installed hockey rink.

Random8145

With regards to her tax increase on oil in her state, I read this comment by someone at a website:

There is a difference between a royalty rate and a windfall profits tax. Alaska OWNS the oil in its ground. By increasing the royalty rate as the market price of oil increases they are sharing in market gains.

Obama is proposing a windfall profits tax on aggregate levels of profit. Exxon has a profit rate of 10%. Google has a profit rate of 25%. Obama is suggesting that a special tax be placed on Exxon but not on Google.

Resource royalties and windfall profits are not the same kind of tax.

Hmm...

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, it'd be a first. Two pilots in office, though I guess Palin's the one in currency...hey, Skeds! VP's signing for the plane tomorrow!

I'll be completely trivial and irrelevant here (I understand it's done by people who get paid to comment on politics, too):

NOMINATIONS OPEN FOR SARAH PALIN'S CALLSIGN

Difficulty: MILF/GILF/VPILF is out...too obvious.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
"Stifler's Mom" is too hard to say on the radio.

What was McCain's callsign, anyway?

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
I'm no going to cite a particular source for this...because unless you've been living under a rock you've seen this argument made...

Why are we looking for an "experienced" President? What the hell does that even mean? When the framers built this thing I don't think any of them had a permanent political elite (ok...maybe Hamilton!:D) in mind. Sure, they had a far more serious expectation of the civic citizen than the average now, but that doesn't justify the creation of what has become a career governing this country.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_Congressmen_by_longevity_of_service

Do we really believe first, that any other government post prepares someone to be President, and second, that someone can't do an effective job as a President (or governor, Congressmen, Senator etc...) without having been a career, or aspiring career politican?

I submit that in today's political climate, Abraham Lincoln, Grant, Wilson, Eisenhower...wouldn't have been elected President. Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.