• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

McCain Declines Secret Service, Dares Assassins To Try Something

Cuban Eight

Contributor
Thought this was pretty funny. I guess it's a funny indication of how some people look at him as a "psycho Nam vet".

“The day I get out tracked in the jungle is the day I saw off my own balls!” :D

B

Blutonski816

"...President will fly himself around in a decommissioned A-4 Skyhawk..."

now THAT was priceless...

MasterBates

"...President will fly himself around in a decommissioned A-4 Skyhawk..."

now THAT was priceless...

Maybe if Senator McCain wins, he will pull the A4s out of DM, and let retired types come back on as ADSW type of deal. You know, to be rag instructors and strike leads until the new guys relearn it. :D

I'd be in for flying an A4!

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Maybe if Senator McCain wins, he will pull the A4s out of DM, and let retired types come back on as ADSW type of deal. You know, to be rag instructors and strike leads until the new guys relearn it. :D

You wouldn't fit! I've found a nice school bus for you to drive though...

JIMC5499

ex-Mech

The A-4 was the first plane I ever worked on. I have always wondered what we would get if we took that design and updated its construction and powerplant with everything we have learned since then?

B

Blutonski816

scruffysecond.jpg

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Why? Consider composite structures, an engine with more thrust and modern electronics. I don't know where you get overweight from. :)

I expect everything that sounds so appetizing to just end up as fat! :tongue2_1:eek:

I dunno, it was more a question. And I am a pessimist.

Lawman

None
Why? Consider composite structures, an engine with more thrust and modern electronics. I don't know where you get overweight from. :)

Wings are only going to produce to much lift. Every pound of crap you add to the plane is one more pound of sand when you need to be agile.

Yeah you could beef up the hell out of the engines, get it an uber-powerful radar, strap some missiles to it for BVR. But at the end of the day what do you get for your troubles.... an F-4 Phantom.

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
A YF-16. As in an F-16 before the AF put a whole bunch of stuff on it to slow it down.

The A-4 was the first plane I ever worked on. I have always wondered what we would get if we took that design and updated its construction and powerplant with everything we have learned since then?

B

Blutonski816

Wings are only going to produce to much lift. Every pound of crap you add to the plane is one more pound of sand when you need to be agile.

Yeah you could beef up the hell out of the engines, get it an uber-powerful radar, strap some missiles to it for BVR. But at the end of the day what do you get for your troubles.... an F-4 Phantom.

Tell that to Argentina's A-4 drivers...

and as to engines, Singapore put F404s into theirs before they put 'em to pasture in '05

but I'll agree with beans... A-4 + modernized powerplants + whiz-bang avionics = Poor man's F-16