• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MCAS Miramar Air Show 2008

Are you going to the MCASE Miramar Air Show 08? When?

• October 3rd, 2008

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • October 4th, 2008

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • October 5th, 2008

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • I'm not sure which day, but I'll be there.

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Not going.

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters

Bolter

pilot
I will be there, right before I check into SERE school. Therefore, I will be the drunk guy in a flight suit running around the o'club. And for those manning some static displays, watch out, I may have some tags with me :icon_wink

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I think I'm going, I'll be in SD from Friday-Tuesday. My fiance lives in Mission Valley. I'll be the drunk guy wearing an Oklahoma Sooners shirt.

HeloBubba

SH-2F AW
Contributor
Here's a pic of the kids in the cockpit of one of the static display birds at NKX today. Any guesses as to what kind of aircraft they are in? There are plenty of clues.

pitkids.jpg

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Here's a pic of the kids in the cockpit of one of the static display birds at NKX today. Any guesses as to what kind of aircraft they are in? There are plenty of clues.

pitkids.jpg
Some whirly bird with 3 engines ... that's all I got :D

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
The MAGTF demo on Sat. was awesome, best I've seen in the the last few years (last couple years weather was more of a factor than it was yesterday) ... great show!

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
The MAGTF demo on Sat. was awesome, best I've seen in the the last few years (last couple years weather was more of a factor than it was yesterday) ... great show!

I agree. Everytime I have been there, they had to neuter the MAGTF demo due to inclimate weather, so it was really nice seeing it in full force. In addition, some highlights for me was seeing the Raptor fly (impressive) and getting to check out the Osprey.

Also ran into the Recon Marine who was the main focus of Generation Kill and had a large roll in One Bullet Away. Funny how small the Marine community can feel sometimes.

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
^^ Good stuff.. yah I ended up running into a lot of friends at the airshow... its always good times.... and yeah it was nice to see harriers and hornets rocking their game along with everyone else... it was finally a COMPLETE combined arms demo.. I thought ALL the demos were great, also I like that new blue angels maneuver where they fly the delta formation right towards the crowd and then fan up and out.

mymarineman

Heading out west
Saw this post when I was popping on to post a house rental notice for NAS Corpus and thought I'd share my pictures. I caught a few snapshots from the show on Friday... if you want to check it out visit my blog .

Anyone need a house in Corpus?? ;)