• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

May-Ish 2015 SWO Rolling Board Thread

Chad Cooper

So I talked with the fleet processor today. Apparently EDO is closed up and didn't even consider my package. The board doesn't sit till the 21st and I got a pro select no. Either theyre closed or dont like being 3rd pick. I wouldnt have submitted for EDO if they were not accepting packcages. The only thong i can think of is I was considered for SWO SEGA instead of SWO DCO. Anyone know the difference? He did say for sure IDC is meeting next monday. I asked him about SWO and he said it's looking like the end of the month.

Chad Cooper

So I talked with the fleet processor today. Apparently EDO is closed up and didn't even consider my package. The board doesn't sit till the 21st and I got a pro select no. Either theyre closed or dont like being 3rd pick. I wouldnt have submitted for EDO if they were not accepting packcages. The only thong i can think of is I was considered for SWO SEGA instead of SWO DCO. Anyone know the difference? He did say for sure IDC is meeting next monday. I asked him about SWO and he said it's looking like the end of the month.
God dang phone. I apologize for the stupid typos.

Thanks for the info! And as to the board dates...
reader-engagement-make-it-so.jpg

It is truly getting to the point of ridiculous on how long we have been waiting for this board. I submitted Feb 9, which as we know was a few days after the previous board. It has been about 108 days since any news and I know a lot of the people on this thread are feeling the pain. I truly hope something happens soon and wish everyone the best of luck because if we have to wait any longer, might as well start looking for new jobs!

It is truly getting to the point of ridiculous on how long we have been waiting for this board. I submitted Feb 9, which as we know was a few days after the previous board. It has been about 108 days since any news and I know a lot of the people on this thread are feeling the pain. I truly hope something happens soon and wish everyone the best of luck because if we have to wait any longer, might as well start looking for new jobs!
Try 7.5 months. Almost 2.5 years total until Pro-Rec Y.

I would be pissed! Stay strong!
I started applying for officer @ 7 years TIS. Next month, I hit 11 years in the Army Reserves. Irritated and frustrated at times, yes. Pissed, no. I went to 4 boards (USAF and USN). By the time the board actually rolled around from which I was recommended, I was not even aware that they had held a board until I received the result. Now I am doing the same thing again, wondering when OCS will be. My point is this - stay in contact with your OR / COC, but live your life. I am still submitting civilian job applications. I may only work there a few months, but I would never recommend pausing your life in anticipation of a board or board result. These wheels turn very slowly! Relax, and enjoy the ride. You know just as well as I do that once you hit ground @ OCS, there will be no more time for relaxing!

I am in very close contact with my OR and it is still frustrating in that at times he knows less than I know. Patience is indeed a virtue and if we are to be prespective officers we do need to learn the ins and outs of logistics as well as processes. The situation I am in is that I am a reservist and my wife who is active just moved from Chicago to San Diego on PCS orders. I had to halt my life for a bit to facilitate a move so now I am in the process of finding a new one. I wish for all of our benefits though that the board would stop dragging their feet.

exNavyOffRec

It doesn't surprise me that EDO is closed another tiny designator, and as such they very well could have seen that third choice as a last ditch and often the small designators will just look past someone that puts them 3rd.

I think there are some terminology issues, DCO is direct commission (think reserves), never heard of SWO DCO, I mean we do take SWO's into the reserves but they are SWO's coming off AD.

There is no SWO SEGA, there is EDO SEGA but I believe they are currently closed and they have a unique application that generally precludes a person from applying that is on AD.

USSMaximus

I know we always talk about that 90-120 day rule for rolling boards, but is that an actual rule? Do they HAVE to meet by the 120th day?