• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

May-Ish 2015 SWO Rolling Board Thread

USSMaximus

I just thought of something else too. If you don't get selected, you get to reapply in 6 months right? So maybe they are hoping that everyone who got a no in February will reapply giving them more numbers.

Gotta love my theories right?

I believe I am being a bit misunderstood here. I was making the point that due to a recent graduating class, the board may be happening because many of the new graduates do not have the luxury to wait that long. They lose interest and go elsewhere for work, I know that the Navy generally doesn't care about an individual and wasn't trying to make that argument. My timeline however is pretty close in that beginning of Feb was the last board and the end of Aug is the supposed next one.

exNavyOffRec

I believe I am being a bit misunderstood here. I was making the point that due to a recent graduating class, the board may be happening because many of the new graduates do not have the luxury to wait that long. They lose interest and go elsewhere for work, I know that the Navy generally doesn't care about an individual and wasn't trying to make that argument. My timeline however is pretty close in that beginning of Feb was the last board and the end of Aug is the supposed next one.

I don't think you understand how the process works if you did you would probably understand how your thought process doesn't work. If there were a board held about now, those people would be going to OCS late this year so they will be waiting around for a long time anyway, also those looking for jobs should already have them, colleges have career fairs in April (give or take) so that students and employers can meet and get interviews set up so that they will have jobs waiting upon graduation, the ones graduating about now should already have a job lined up.

SWOALEXANDER

Lets remember folks that the needs of the Navy will always come first. None of us are irreplaceable, and there are plenty more people out there that could do the job. Just stay focused and committed. The board will meet at some point, and that's the only guarantee. I know waiting is a pain, but let's do it with some finesse! I do enjoy hearing what people have heard about prospective board dates. In the meantime, find something to do, workout, find temporary work, etc. Use the time productively, because at OCS you're going to be wishing you had more free time!

Chad Cooper

Sorry guys. Confirmed with a Chief at the NRC helpdesk Wednesday morning. SWO board pushed to August due to lack of applications.if they get more applications they will sit the board sooner, but as of now August is the plan.

Chad Cooper

Sorry guys. Confirmed with a Chief at the NRC helpdesk Wednesday morning. SWO board pushed to August due to lack of applications.if they get more applications they will sit the board sooner, but as of now August is the plan.
On the bright side I know a lot of people are also applying for INTEL. The Chief confirmed that the board was meeting Monday. If we get picked up INTEL we don't have to worry about SWO and it will open up more spaces for everyone.

SWOALEXANDER

I can confirm this information. Next SWO board anticipated for August.
Thanks for the info. For all of us waiting for SWO, do some praying that the boards receive more applications soon! It would be swell if they could convene earlier, but at least August is the most solid(ish) board timeframe we've had yet!

exNavyOffRec

I find it hard to believe they don't have enough applications, especially since they have held SWO boards with under 100 applications, what I would believe is that there is a lack of billets given the wait times people are seeing

Could you explain what a lack of billets mean? I'm assuming it means lack of available positions for up and coming SWOs. So does that mean there is a decreasing need for prospective SWOs and that this next board is likely to be a low prorec y percentage?

exNavyOffRec

Could you explain what a lack of billets mean? I'm assuming it means lack of available positions for up and coming SWOs. So does that mean there is a decreasing need for prospective SWOs and that this next board is likely to be a low prorec y percentage?

every FY there are a specified number of spots (billets) available, the number does fluctuate a bit but usually not much, more common what affects billets is people get redesignated at OCS from say SNA or SNFO to SWO due to NPQ, or a person is picked up SWO and SNA but can't take SNA due to a medical issue, or the board picks more than they should at a previous board, all of those could lead to a board not being needed.

goldmanharry91

Strange. I talked to my recruiter on the phone the other day and he said the online portal for packet submission was locked meaning he couldn't submit completed packets even if he wanted. He said this has not been the case in the past. He has multiple recruits that are waiting because of this, myself included. He didn't indicate whether they were also SWO though.

exNavyOffRec

Strange. I talked to my recruiter on the phone the other day and he said the online portal for packet submission was locked meaning he couldn't submit completed packets even if he wanted. He said this has not been the case in the past. He has multiple recruits that are waiting because of this, myself included. He didn't indicate whether they were also SWO though.

unless that is a new feature in CIRIMS that wasn't an option, that is how we had people submitting applications for designators that were closed.