• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

May-Ish 2015 SWO Rolling Board Thread

Chad Cooper

For active duty it says that the package will be processed and reviewed within 120 days of submission, and final results will be given to the coc in written format. I don't know if non AD have the same requirements.

Signup15

NRC and recruiters have repeatedly said that the SWO board will be held between 90 to 120 days. By that standard, the board has to commence prior to the 24th of this month. Yet there is still no announcement. Weird.

Signup15

According to NRC, "we do not have a date as yet (for SWO board); but I know that we are looking to have one at the end of August."

Last edited:

Signup15

We have all been hearing May ish. That to me means + or - a week or two around May but that does not seem to be the case. June to me seems like another fantasy (I hope for June but the lack of a scheduled date suggests nothing good for this month). I challenge anyone on here to inquire for a date and see what they find out. I contacted NRC myself the other day and they told me that they WILL HAVE ONE AT THE END OF AUGUST (they don't know the date, but they know that it will be at the end of August). I am hoping for the best but I am tired of hoping.

Signup15

I thought it was a rule to have it withing 120 days of each other. Thank you for clearing that up. I'm just going to find solace in the remote notion that the board may happen before the end of the year.

Chad Cooper

Maybe they will have 2 boards. I know that processors can be wrong but I was informed yesterday that it is looking like the end of June. The board schedule says that the board is on a rolling schedule and that as packages are received they are reviewed ("packages will be reviewed no later than 120 days from receipt"). The revision is from June 2014 but that may be where 120 days is coming from. Here's hoping for 2 boards one in June the other in August.

goldmanharry91

Oh man I am praying for one in August. My recruiter keeps indicating that August will be likely for another board, although I'm pretty sure its a guesstimate and not a known quantity.

I find it highly unlikely that the board wouldn't convene this month at the risk of having a lot of recent graduates with student debt having to go elsewhere to repay said debt. Furthermore, for a rolling board that theoretically meets four times a year, why would they choose to go almost eight months without a board? It truly doesn't add up so I am not going to buy into it. I could be wrong but the logic behind it sounds decent. Here's to this month and prayers being answered!

ReserveOfficerRecruiter

pilot
I find it highly unlikely that the board wouldn't convene this month at the risk of having a lot of recent graduates with student debt having to go elsewhere to repay said debt. Furthermore, for a rolling board that theoretically meets four times a year, why would they choose to go almost eight months without a board? It truly doesn't add up so I am not going to buy into it. I could be wrong but the logic behind it sounds decent. Here's to this month and prayers being answered!

Not to be a jerk, but the Navy isn't really concerned about student loans unless it could ultimately affect someone's clearance due to missed payments/bankruptcy/etc., so I wouldn't look to that as a factor for when the board will meet. As for your timeline, the last SWO board met in February, so even if the next one isn't until August, that would mean it's only been 6 months since the previous board. The rolling board allow for kits to be boarded once they hit a magic number that is unknown to recruiters. However, if there were enough quality kits to select a year's worth of applicants in one shot, the board would certainly do that. That's why you can't rely on the idea that boards will meet every 90-120 days because anything can be trumped by everyone's favorite slogan "the needs of the Navy."