• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

May-Ish 2015 SWO Rolling Board Thread

banjosquirrel

I have a question about my package... I also missed the March board by under a week and am not so patiently awaiting the next one. I completed MEPS with no problem on Jan 5, and I'm wondering if it's going to expire before the next board. How long is it good for?

goldmanharry91

Ok, I guess I wasn't exactly clear. My recruiter said the NRC was no longer accepting SWO applications for this upcoming board. He said, and I quote, "I also found out all the programs have been closed out right now." When I spoke to him he said they were not accepting packets until August or September when the, presumably, the next board will be happening for the FY16 period.

That's exciting news! Means the board will be meeting within about the next two weeks if that info is valid and my understanding of the packet submission cutoff is correct.

exNavyOffRec

Ok, I guess I wasn't exactly clear. My recruiter said the NRC was no longer accepting SWO applications for this upcoming board. He said, and I quote, "I also found out all the programs have been closed out right now." When I spoke to him he said they were not accepting packets until August or September when the, presumably, the next board will be happening for the FY16 period.

Either you misunderstood your recruiter or he doesn't know officer recruiting, the OCS class in late July is FY 16 and those guys have already been selected, most of the last board should be FY 16 selections.

goldmanharry91

Then I clearly haven't understood him very well. Many of you seem to have a better idea of what is going on. All I know is that he said that they stopped accepting packets about two weeks ago and closed out all programs.

Xanthus

@goldmanharry91 There is a lot of misunderstanding/miscommunication with recruiters in this process. Earlier in this thread another member said their recruiter told them SWO was closed out until October, as well, but what it actually came down to was there are a backlog of SWOs right now, so selectees won't be shipping out for OCS until October, at the earliest. All designators being closed out seems unlikely. @RUFiO181 has only confirmed that NFO is closed out. Its possible your recruiter is just trying to get you to wait to submit to fill his own, or NRD specific, quotas, or he is simply trying to tell you that you won't make this board and the next round of boards don't happen until July/August. Don't let him drag his feet on getting your packet submitted, though, because you will need to have it submitted about a month before the board meets.

Edit: I am on my phone and accidentally pressed submit too early.

Chad Cooper

FML this is getting confusing. I need a flow chart just looking at it. Yes, they are meeting soon. No, I don't know what soon means. In the meantime I'm gonna drink a beer and continue with my merry life. Until @RUFiO181 gives an update I'm not getting my panties in a wad. Hopefully I'll be an officer at the end of the year. If not I'm using my GI bill for a PHD. The world still revolves, the navy still goes, and there will always be beer.

Brooksssiiieee

I'm checking this thread numerous times a day.. I'm going crazy. I don't want to be a bartender anymore! Come On, June... Be good to us! I believe the 120 day mark since the last board will be the 23rd of this month, yes?