• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

May-Ish 2015 SWO Rolling Board Thread

Signup15

general rule is 6 months, but you have to resubmit a new kit if you aren't picked up by the board you submit for.
In your opinion and for all of us to see, what is the minimum competitive profile for a prior service SWO applicant? Min OAR score, Min GPA, Non STEM degree, and other factors. I have seen many opinions on the matter.

In your opinion and for all of us to see, what is the minimum competitive profile for a prior service SWO applicant? Min OAR score, Min GPA, Non STEM degree, and other factors. I have seen many opinions on the matter.
"Minimum" and "competitive" should not be used together. A profile is either one or the other. That said, in the opinion of NRC (DTD 01JUN14 - truth has a date / time stamp), the following active duty profiles apply for SWO (prior service or otherwise - prior service just gives you extra documents to put in your packet).

Minimum:
GPA - 2.00
OAR - 35

Competitive:
GPA - 3.25
OAR - 50

Desirable traits:
Leadership/management experience, extracurricular/sports involvement, Strong EVALs if prior service.

*Disclaimer: These attributes are the quantifiable portion of the whole person criteria, and are not intended to preclude any individual meeting the Program Authorization requirements from applying. Contributing factors such as adversity, community involvement and leadership roles are also considered.

So let me be the first to say, your quantifiable attributes are outstanding. Best of luck.

MIKEH

"Minimum" and "competitive" should not be used together. A profile is either one or the other. That said, in the opinion of NRC (DTD 01JUN14 - truth has a date / time stamp), the following active duty profiles apply for SWO (prior service or otherwise - prior service just gives you extra documents to put in your packet).

Minimum:
GPA - 2.00
OAR - 35

Competitive:
GPA - 3.25
OAR - 50

Desirable traits:
Leadership/management experience, extracurricular/sports involvement, Strong EVALs if prior service.

*Disclaimer: These attributes are the quantifiable portion of the whole person criteria, and are not intended to preclude any individual meeting the Program Authorization requirements from applying. Contributing factors such as adversity, community involvement and leadership roles are also considered.

So let me be the first to say, your quantifiable attributes are outstanding. Best of luck.

Care to weigh in on my stats competitiveness? 46 oar(some outside factors contributed to this low score), 3.46 gpa in finance, some hs sports, and some decent professional experience in finance.

Thanks in advance.

Care to weigh in on my stats competitiveness? 46 oar(some outside factors contributed to this low score), 3.46 gpa in finance, some hs sports, and some decent professional experience in finance.

Thanks in advance.
If you peruse these forums (and assume that the members represent a statistically even cross section of all applicants), you will see that there are many hopefuls out there, some with much stronger backgrounds and some weaker. The competitive profile is used to denote a cutoff at which applicants have a 50% or better chance of selection. It is built from the profiles of previous boards' selectees. From an analytical standpoint, you would then have a 50% or so chance of selection. *On another note, the reasons for your OAR score, good or bad, are uncircumstantial.

Realistically, these are simply the attributes that can be quantified. There is so much more that goes into each applicant's profile that it would be an exercise in futility to put a number on your competitiveness. May you find the answers you are seeking! Best of luck!

exNavyOffRec

If you peruse these forums (and assume that the members represent a statistically even cross section of all applicants), you will see that there are many hopefuls out there, some with much stronger backgrounds and some weaker. The competitive profile is used to denote a cutoff at which applicants have a 50% or better chance of selection. It is built from the profiles of previous boards' selectees. From an analytical standpoint, you would then have a 50% or so chance of selection. *On another note, the reasons for your OAR score, good or bad, are uncircumstantial.

Realistically, these are simply the attributes that can be quantified. There is so much more that goes into each applicant's profile that it would be an exercise in futility to put a number on your competitiveness. May you find the answers you are seeking! Best of luck!

actually the competitive profiles that are put out have no factual data behind them, the scores and such are just where the board would consider you competitive (if you are above competitive profile in theory you should be selected), those scores have remained essentially the same for the past 6+ years.

It can be misleading, for a while many of us that competitive = average of selectees, it doesn't.

exNavyOffRec

Does that mean the average selectee is still well below what is competitive?

it depends, I know for EOD it was way above what the profile was, it really will vary depending on the boards and billets available, for several years it was rare to see anyone picked for aviation with a 6, 8's and 9's were almost always picked, and 7's were 50/50 but the profile said 6's or 7's so you never know.

Just think of it this way, if you are above the competitive profile you should have a chance (be competitive)

Signup15

it depends, I know for EOD it was way above what the profile was, it really will vary depending on the boards and billets available, for several years it was rare to see anyone picked for aviation with a 6, 8's and 9's were almost always picked, and 7's were 50/50 but the profile said 6's or 7's so you never know.

Just think of it this way, if you are above the competitive profile you should have a chance (be competitive)
So theoretically speaking, with all else equal (to use an economic term), can someone with the following profile be considered competitive: an OAR score of 45 and GPA of 4.0 non STEM degree. Prior Service with all EP evals and other good deeds. In other words, can the bare minimum OAR score ruin an otherwise competitive profile and thus render it no longer competitive?

exNavyOffRec

So theoretically speaking, with all else equal (to use an economic term), can someone with the following profile be considered competitive: an OAR score of 45 and GPA of 4.0 non STEM degree. Prior Service with all EP evals and other good deeds. In other words, can the bare minimum OAR score ruin an otherwise competitive profile and thus render it no longer competitive?

In theory I would say the above profile would be competitive

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

You're nuking this big time.

SWOALEXANDER

I've gotten some good laughs, but seriously, has anyone heard anything about the SWO board? I know a couple of you heard a rumor about late July. Also, is it even possible that the board could have met and we wouldn't know about it?

Anchors_Away

I've gotten some good laughs, but seriously, has anyone heard anything about the SWO board? I know a couple of you heard a rumor about late July. Also, is it even possible that the board could have met and we wouldn't know about it?

I have a feeling that if the board had indeed met, someone would have said something - be it an admin or a well informed member. Also, folks getting word of their Pro Recs would likely post here in jubilance or dispair. As for the July rumor, I imagine the best thing we can do is continue to twiddle our thumbs and wait unless someone has news!!