• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

May-ish 2015 Pilot/NFO Rolling Board

andrew90

Hey all! long time lurker, in the holding tank with everyone! This is my first post, it has been a trial to get to this point. My recruiter has no idea when the boards are so all the speculation here is well appreciated!

cmwz1510r

pilot
None
Every time I come to this forum I get that knot in my throat/sick to my stomach feeling that someone will have "the news." I also have the sneaking suspicion that someone who knows all we're asking, is just reading all this and laughing.

MemphisBell

pilot
Speculation Alert: (aka take it for what it is)

My OR said there is "activity" on my packet. "Abbreviations etc" so he said he suspected the pilot board has commenced.... Strictly speculation on his part.

That was as of Friday and he said he would get back to me today with more details.

Ps: I have a non-typical packet (couple waivers) so that could be what the "activity" is...

Do you know what status your packet was at before the activity?("Pro board" or "at PM")

MemphisBell

pilot
Well then that's pretty strange that there was activity on your packet because the next status change would be prorec y or n. I wonder what he meant by "activity"? Not trying to diss your recuiter but didnt he think the sna and nfo boards were separate?

MemphisBell

pilot
Has anyone had an interview with the U.S. Office of Personnel Management?

I just got a call from them and have it schedule this week. It's expected to take 2hrs.

Did they say what it was for? The only reason I can think of why they would call would be for a security clearance which is done after you are selected. However no one even been notified that they have been selected.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
It was extremely vague. She said she was an investigator with the Office of Personnel Management and it was in regards to a background check. What threw me off was why they would do a background check prior to the board convening??

Because it's part of the process to do the check after you're selected. No reason to waste $$$ doing a background check and end up not being selected.

MemphisBell

pilot
Because it's part of the process to do the check after you're selected. No reason to waste $$$ doing a background check and end up not being selected.

Are applicants usually notified they are prorec y before the background check process starts??

mz247

To give an answer to all of you about the background check, I can personally say No, background checks come before the board...I have done mine...I actually did mine a few months back
I was one of the guys who missed last board by a few days...so having the background check doesn't signal anything.

If you have questions about it I can give Ya the details...
Basically they just ask to talk to managers and people you work with, some neighbors to make sure everything you had written down agrees with your references.

Basically makes sure you are who you say you are.