• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

May 15TH Selection Board

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Hell yeah buddy! Our class is shaping up to be...legendary. Hopefully not infamous.

PigzFly

Notorious, infamous, legendary, who cares as long as we GET THROUGH IT!!! The smoother the better of course, but we will definitely make it memorable!! Cant wait!!

stew47

Finally, Final Select! Swear in on Friday or Monday.

Unfortunately, I will not be classing up with the rest of you all on 19 Oct because of this damn thing called college. I graduate in May '09.

Best of luck to you all!

Goob83

None
Gentlemen, it time to "Lock In" - Just heard today the I will be classing up with all of you on 19 Oct. Hell yeah, finally a date to look forward to. Let me know if you guys do end up making a facebook group. While im not particularly a facebook user, I do find myself bored enough to wonder on once in a while.

Hoping to swear in by the end of this week. I go to Vegas next week. Now I have something to CELEBRATE!! Time to get my ass back to the gym, and the pool.
NO weights just cardio and diet run 2 to 3 miles a day. PUSHUPS PUSUPS PUSHUPS do them till you Bleed

jt71582

pilot
Contributor
NO weights just cardio and diet run 2 to 3 miles a day. PUSHUPS PUSUPS PUSHUPS do them till you Bleed

Good advice, sir. I'm switching to that - getting off the weights, doing tons of pushups, and running and swimming my rear off.

Insomneo

Good to hear Pigz! I just got a call from my recruiter today telling me that my Final Select letter is signed, so it is now a guarantee that I will be going Oct. 19. I am actually in the region of Vegas right now. I will be traveling to San Diego on Thursday and may actually go to the bar from Top Gun :icon_smil.

Goob, just curious, why stop the weights? Is there any specific reason?

I think weight lifting fits well with my work out routine. Weights T,TR and running on M,W,F. Every day of the week I max out on PU and CU, along with 3 sets of 22 Pull-Ups. On MWF I usually do a 5-6 mile run midday, with "breaks" of PU and CU in between the run. On top of all that I usually surf each of those days. If anything I think the weights add a fatigue factor in for the body weight workouts.

jt71582

pilot
Contributor
Good to hear Pigz! I just got a call from my recruiter today telling me that my Final Select letter is signed, so it is now a guarantee that I will be going Oct. 19. I am actually in the region of Vegas right now. I will be traveling to San Diego on Thursday and may actually go to the bar from Top Gun :icon_smil.

I think weight lifting fits well with my work out routine. Weights T,TR and running on M,W,F. Every day of the week I max out on PU and CU, along with 3 sets of 22 Pull-Ups. On MWF I usually do a 5-6 mile run midday, with "breaks" of PU and CU in between the run. On top of all that I usually surf each of those days. If anything I think the weights add a fatigue factor in for the body weight workouts.

Do it if it works man...it just wasn't going well for me. I need to get back to the basics. See you in October...what an AWESOME class we have going so far.

Goob83

None

you will not lift a weight in OCS you will do CARDIO and made up exercises no weight can simulate. if you are on the upper limit of the weight scale according to the PRT standard then the weight training will build mass add weight then that person may exceed the NAVY standard check into to OCS out of standards and get sent home or rolled straight to H. and that my friend is the recruiters fault for sending a fat person to OCS no matter how fit he or she is. you are fat or you are not.

that is why cardio and diet are important if you can weight train to rip and cut vice bulk that is ok but one must be careful if they are close to being over the standard.

that is all i am saying

porw0004

standard-issue stud v2.0
pilot
Those weight charts are made for twigs in my opinion. If I was at 0% body fat, maybe, maaaaybe I would be AT the "max" for my height, but then again I'd probably also be dead. How do they look on the 'rope and choke' method (or whatever the expression is)? I tape in around 13-15%.

I don't lift weights.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Those weight charts are made for twigs in my opinion. If I was at 0% body fat, maybe, maaaaybe I would be AT the "max" for my height, but then again I'd probably also be dead. How do they look on the 'rope and choke' method (or whatever the expression is)? I tape in around 13-15%.

I don't lift weights.

If you pass rope and choke, I believe you should be fine. According to those charts, NFL athletes in peak condition are obese by Navy standards...:eek:

porw0004

standard-issue stud v2.0
pilot
Heh, I got a mental image of a DI screaming in the face of a 6'2" 250lb lean, mountain-of-muscle, NFL fullback freight train for being a fat-ass.

My concern was more along the lines that I've heard rumors that there is a stigma attached to having to tape in, i.e. attracting unwanted attention.

OUSOONER; 458154 said:
According to those charts, NFL athletes in peak condition are obese by Navy standards...:eek:

.. no matter how fit he or she is. you are fat or you are not.

jt71582

pilot
Contributor
I don't think it's a big deal. If you can hack the pushups/flutter kicks/monkey f*ckers/bends and thrusts/star jumpers with the rest of the class, no problem, and have to tape...I don't think anyone's going to care.

Insomneo

Sorry Goob, didn't look at it from a body weight perspective. I'm at about 170-180 and 6' 2", my weight changes frequently. I have no clue why. I don't have that "underwear model" cut look (just the cut abs really), as I do eat and party a TON, especially after a day of surfing, I figured I will begin to get used to OCS lifestyle in the diet area beginning of Oct, as I am in no danger of being "fat" by OCS standards. I can however exceed the maxes in both the PU and CU sections of the PRT.

I am actually really stoked about this class though. I have a good feeling that, though we will still get our butts kicked, we will be one of the top classes there.