• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Max Weight?

RiseR 25

You might not know it, but your recruiter is evaluating you on all this I would bet. Another guy went through NRD same time as me, I shut up and did everything I was asked to do as fast as I could which included dropping like 10 lbs, other guy tried to do some workarounds for stupid little stuff I can't remember. Long story short, my experience was trouble free, his was not. You're building a reputation for yourself from the day you make the first call to the recruiter, so take it as serious as you can. My .02c.

Thank you, I was just starting to get concerned because I've managed to do a net loss of 8 lbs in the past 3 weeks and couldn't seem to understand why its not going down more with higher intensity workouts (and diet).

RiseR 25

Disregard last message sir, I just reread your last sentence on first post and get it now. Just lose the weight.

MasterBates

Really? No weight waivers for IPs..

Just another force shaping tool..

I don't think I could honestly get to 231 if my life depended on it. I'm in single digit bodyfat when I go below 252.

MasterBates

According to the BodPod at my last (non Navy) physical, my lean mass is 226. So I can have 5 pounds of fat. Wonderful.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
Really? No weight waivers for IPs..

Just another force shaping tool..

I don't think I could honestly get to 231 if my life depended on it. I'm in single digit bodyfat when I go below 252.

Yeah man. Found out two weeks ago. They were able to get me orders to Vance flying the A mod. Max weight on that seat is 245.

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
Disregard last message sir, I just reread your last sentence on first post and get it now. Just lose the weight.

Yes. Even if you have to sweat your ass off for 8 hours in a sauna before you weigh in, they don't care they just see you dropped the pounds. Drastic I know, but you gotta do what you gotta do because some other dude behind you is just as hungry for a slot right now. And don't sir me anymore, its all good. Good luck bro.

MasterBates

Why would we buy an "improved" model with an EVEN MORE RESTRICTIVE SEAT.

This makes as much sense as making our Jet trainer smaller than all fleet jets, so guys who would fit in the E2/C2/18 are DQd from flying those due to a trainer.

Makes. No. Sense.

Yardstick

Is The Bottle Ready?!
pilot
This makes as much sense as making our Jet trainer smaller than all fleet jets, so guys who would fit in the E2/C2/18 are DQd from flying those due to a trainer.

Makes. No. Sense.
Tell me about it. I mean, I love what I'm doing and wouldn't trade it for anything, but I was kind of baffled when I found out that I was barred from tailhook aviation because the trainer was smaller than all the tailhook fleet a/c.

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
Why would we buy an "improved" model with an EVEN MORE RESTRICTIVE SEAT.

Makes. No. Sense.

Tell me about it. I mean, I love what I'm doing and wouldn't trade it for anything, but I was kind of baffled when I found out that I was barred from tailhook aviation because the trainer was smaller than all the tailhook fleet a/c.

We should make a drinking club for people like us.....