• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Max Weight?

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I did a search and this thread seems to be the closest thing to what I was looking for. Can anyone tell me indefinitely what the max weights are for the T-6, T-45, and F-18? Do they all use the same ejection seat? I'm headed to P-cola soon and I seem fluctuate between 210 and 218 depending on how good the wife's cooking is that week. I could drop to 205 of lower if I needed to, but I don't really want to if I don't have to. I'm 6'1" and in pretty good shape, just a big Dolf Lundgren kinda guy (minus the roids). The only thing I have found online so far is a PDF of the ejection seat manual for the T-45 that said the max nude body weight for the NACES was 212lbs and the max for something called the CNO (I know someone is gonna make a crack about this acronym) was 235lbs. https://www.cnatra.navy.mil/pubs/folder5/T45/P-1286.PDF I realize that there is no guarantee that I'll get an F-18 one day but I don't want to disqualify myself because of a weight restriction.

I'm a big dude as well, big shoulders/chest...or so I'm told :) I'm usually around 220lbs for my naked weight...yes, the Bunk naked. Anyway, I'm looking at my T-45C NATOPS right now and the nude weight range for the SJU-17A is 136-213lbs. However, a series of modifications have been made to improve accomodation and ejection performance. These mods have reduced the risk of injury to aircrew outside the qualified weight range of 136-213. So you know, we have a Hornet IP down here whose weight is in the 260-270 range. BC is not fat either, think the Rock as he looks just like the Rock but larger!

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
The Prowler command eject is a sequence right? One person can punch the whole 'tron team?

Pugs

Back from the range
None
The Prowler command eject is a sequence right? One person can punch the whole 'tron team?

Either front seat has command eject. You can deselect command eject for the front right if you have a non-Natops qualied person there.

The seats leave in order with left rear first as soon as the handle is pulled, the right rear, right front and pilot. There's a .4 second delay, and a little different angle, for each seat so instant, .4 sec for ECMO 2, .8 for ECMO 1 and the total delay for the pilot is 1.2 secs.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
There is good reason for what you say. I am sure a lot of folks will remember the USN 0-6 who pulled the handle when riding in a Tomcat at NASF a few years ago. It (almost) happens a lot...I remember riding in a -60 at NASF with a Flight Surgeon. He thought it was hot back there, it was, so he asked over the IC to open a door. HAC gave the ok...only the FS reached for the window jettison handle. Just can't trust them. :)

Either front seat has command eject. You can deselect command eject for the front right if you have a non-Natops qualied person there.......

Rectrix

I'm a big dude as well, big shoulders/chest...or so I'm told :) I'm usually around 220lbs for my naked weight...yes, the Bunk naked. Anyway, I'm looking at my T-45C NATOPS right now and the nude weight range for the SJU-17A is 136-213lbs. However, a series of modifications have been made to improve accomodation and ejection performance. These mods have reduced the risk of injury to aircrew outside the qualified weight range of 136-213. So you know, we have a Hornet IP down here whose weight is in the 260-270 range. BC is not fat either, think the Rock as he looks just like the Rock but larger!

Thanks for the info.

RiseR 25

I'm currently out of my weight class by 2-3 pounds. My recruiter has said that he won't send me to MEPS unless I am in the range. I understand that regs are regs, but it seems odd for me as I have always had a couple extra pounds and generally had better cardio endurance than counterparts as a previous ROTC guy.

Is this a hard and fast reg, or is it waiverable? If so, does this fall under a medical authority or from my NRD? Thank you in advance.

RiseR 25

A note to add, I have been dieting and exercising intensely the past month, loss of 8 pounds so far, but it has plateaued for whatever reason.

USAF_WX2USN

I'm currently out of my weight class by 2-3 pounds. My recruiter has said that he won't send me to MEPS unless I am in the range. I understand that regs are regs, but it seems odd for me as I have always had a couple extra pounds and generally had better cardio endurance than counterparts as a previous ROTC guy.

Is this a hard and fast reg, or is it waiverable? If so, does this fall under a medical authority or from my NRD? Thank you in advance.

You can also do the body fat tape standards. I was over the max weight for my height, but taped instead. But, 2-3lbs is nothing! I was like 12lbs over....eat a little less and move a little more.

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
My recruiter was the same, they don't want you to be borderline on weight/body fat, just cut weight. Trust me when I tell you it is best to not tape if you go to OCS, you will get extra attention. Sack up and cut some lbs and make everybody happy, you are over thinking this and nobody cares what you are doing to lose the weight, just lose it.

RiseR 25

My recruiter was the same, they don't want you to be borderline on weight/body fat, just cut weight. Trust me when I tell you it is best to not tape if you go to OCS, you will get extra attention. Sack up and cut some lbs and make everybody happy, you are over thinking this and nobody cares what you are doing to lose the weight, just lose it.

Thank you sir! I'll make sure to lose the extra lbs.

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
You might not know it, but your recruiter is evaluating you on all this I would bet. Another guy went through NRD same time as me, I shut up and did everything I was asked to do as fast as I could which included dropping like 10 lbs, other guy tried to do some workarounds for stupid little stuff I can't remember. Long story short, my experience was trouble free, his was not. You're building a reputation for yourself from the day you make the first call to the recruiter, so take it as serious as you can. My .02c.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
Just a heads up for you wannabes who are on the heavier side: They are not approving waivers for the 231# seat weight on the T-6B. Not even for instructors. Ask me how I know.