• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marriage

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Onyssius said:
How do training commands treat Labor Day and Columbus Day? Three-day weekend for all?

Usually, but no guarantee. Here in HT-18 we had a flight sked on MLK day, a federal holiday. Albeit limited, there was still a flight sked. All depends on the command and how they're tracking for the year.

Bevo16

pilot
It sounds like the best info on this thread is how P-3 guys and FO's get treated.

I can honestly say that I have never been in a command where they would stick it to a guy who was getting married and gave the command plenty of lead time of the chit. VT's HT's FRS and my current squadron have all been first rate when it came to things like that.

alliecat

SNA Wife
I would agree with BurghGuy- we got married over Christmas Break when my hubby was in the middle of Primary- he got 10 days off total for the wedding and honeymoon.

BurghGuy

Master your ego, and you own your destiny.
Thanks alliecat. Thats good to know, we were trying to guesstimate how many days I would have for a wedding/honeymoon, and that sounds about right to me.

batman527

Banned
Big Mistake...
product.gallery.php

Jameski

Samsonite... I was WAY off!!
hmm...so you guys think that shooting for a "big" wedding during the middle of the summer, where there isn't the leave saftey blanket of Christmas, is kind of tough? I mean, I guess it would work fine if was a "in the day before" and "out the day after" but having time to do everything and actually having fun at it could be hard... that makes sense though since taking a bunch (like 3-5 days) of leave during any stage of flight training sounds like it would be pretty dumb, not to say probably impossible!:icon_tong :)

The Stinkster

Now who do I blame?
pilot
Christmas break is probably the only time that you can guarentee a large chunk of leave, but be careful planning too far in advance....the dates for those leave blocks and the amount of days in them can differ greatly depending on how caught up the squadron/wing is on the training requirements. Last year I think the students in the squadron got seven days max. This year they got 11 days, but since half the students have to be available to fly in each block, the days were split up so that you either got Christmas or New Years, but not both. Something to think about if you are trying to plan to far out. The Stucon and OPs O's don't get know for sure what their leave blocks are going to look like until October at the earliest. Don't get into paying for a bunch of stuff in advanced, because if your plan doesn't fit the squadron plan you may be out some cash.

Onyssius

What about Advanced for helos? Come Christmas time that's where I'm planning on being at. Anyone know how they might handle it?

megan620

EA-6B ECMO/IA Wife
My husband and I got married (JOP style) in between his winging and starting FRS. We had a reception later on a holiday weekend.

Good luck. :)
Megan

Onyssius

JOP isn't really an option, unfortunately. Sounds like it's either gonna be a christmas wedding or after the winging.

FlyingBeagle

pilot
do a christmas wedding. That's your best bet for leave and you, your bride and all your guests won't be sweating your asses off in the hot, July sun.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
OK... this brings me to my next question...

How's the leave policy (like leave not over a holiday) a training command? Is it like "maybe" or more like "hell no"?

My fiance and I set a date before I got down here (like when I thought I was going to a DDG and pretty much knew where I'd be at the time) and I kinda want to know the likely hood of being able to keep the date, even though it looks like I'll be smack in the middle of primary.