• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 2010 Boards

ClemsonFan

PS1G
I spoke with Joe Moore on Thursday and there were no Supply results as of that date. I work with an officer recruiter and he said he would let me know as soon as he saw the results. I was hoping to see someone on here posting that they were pro rec'd on here so that I could bug Mr. Moore again.

I spoke with my recruiter today and he said we should probably find out about Supply this week. I certainly hope so.

BigJeffray

Sans Remorse
pilot
I am been searching for some definitive gouge on my question, but I have found none. I see that many of you have included "interviews" with high ranking officers as part of your package. Is this another form of a LOR? Or is this something prior-service applicants need to complete?

Another question: Has anyone included a congressional endorsement with their package? I was skimming some threads earlier today and came across this a few times. I was just curious if anyone has any experience/information on how one would go about doing this.

Thanks everyone. Good luck on your PRORECS.

I am a non-prior SNA Pro Rec from March, and I did not have any interviews. I also saw that some non priors did, but I do not know the format of this. If you can have some good LORs from professors, former/current employers, or anyone else of importance, interviews wouldn't seem to be that necessary to me, but of course it could not hurt. Sorry I can't offer any more on that subject. As far as congressional endorsements go, that is only for USNA applications, as far as I know. If you can get an LOR from a congressperson, though, by all means, do it.
My LORs came from two former professors, one former employer, one current employer, and a friend of the family who is an executive at a law firm. No high ranking officers for me (one was an Army Helo pilot, but he wasn't a very high ranking officer, O-3 maybe?). I hope this helps at least a little. Best of luck to you!

A

AlexSmart

Yea I wasn't too sure about the Congressional deal. Probably someone getting confused between the USNA and OCS application processes. I have until the 25th of this month to get the interview done, so I figure it can only help and I might as well do it.

CCAM

Hey everyone, congrats to all the pro-recs! I was pro-rec'd SNA; my stats are on the first page of this thread.

A

AlexSmart

CCAM, how did you get that LOR from your Congressman? Did you know him or her personally or did you write their office for an endorsement? Congrats on the PROREC btw.

kitemen

Got a call from my recruiter today. Selected SNA!!!! must been a error in the system look at my stats. Im so happy!!!

SNA only!
M/24
Astb 53 767
Major in Finance and Int. Business 2.6 GPA :icon_rage
--Full Athletic Scholarship for Swimming
----Conference champion
--Life Guard National champion
--Top 8 in Florida for Kiteboarding

Other Languages
---Fluent in Portuguese, Spanish, Italian

Flying experience - only with Remote control planes/helis
Passed the FAA written and ground school test to help study for the ASTB
---No money to pay for flying hours :(

LOR- 3 0-6,1 0-9, 4 past employers,1 school officials

Lots of community service, no police records (so far)

flyman3456

Goshawk
CCAM, how did you get that LOR from your Congressman? Did you know him or her personally or did you write their office for an endorsement? Congrats on the PROREC btw.

Two issues to consider with your LOR's are how long the person has known you, and how important the person is. I consider how long the person has known you to be more important.

CCAM

AlexSmart, I am friends with a couple of his staffers and was thus able to set up a meeting. It was a pretty exciting 30 mins to talk to him about my experience, motivation and career goals.

kitemen

Two issues to consider with your LOR's are how long the person has known you, and how important the person is. I consider how long the person has known you to be more important.

Hey Flyman3456,
I got your message. I cant respond because I dont have 50 posts. send me your name, i will add you to my Facebook, lets keep in touch. Regards JP

JSF_Dreamer

Busted Head
Realized I never posted my stats on this thread.

24 (today! woo hoo)
SNA Only
7/7/7 64
2.74 GPA (currently) in Mathematics
Math Club President
Coached basketball and baseball

Letter from E-8 (retired), former boss, two O-5's
Clean record

A

AlexSmart

Wow thats a great connection to get a Congressman's letter. I think my LORs are in pretty good shape. I got two from my college head coaches; one Pac 10 and one Big Sky Conference, and my manager. I am also going to include an interview with a Navy Commander.

getontheboat

i still haven't heard anything about results for supply, either. i'm in NRD philly.
so far, i'm an NS for SWO (my aching heart) and have somehow been rolled to the april board for intel (though my package went all at once, and i made the march boards for swo and supply).
stats:
non-prior 27/m
4/4/4 52 OAR
3.5 gpa in corporate/organizational communications from northern illinois university
3 LORs - 1 former employer, head of communications dept @ NIU, director of undergraduate studies @ NIU
lots of community service/student govt while in college/eagle scout
three sports, but nothing since HS.
say a lil' prayer for supply and intel, and post a reply on my thread under 'enlisted commissioning programs: what route should i take?' i'd love some additional feedback/insight.

jsgator06

Hi everyone! Found out I was pro rec'd for swo! Supply results are not out yet apparently..but SWO is what I had as my 1st choice. This was my 2nd application, as I applied for the Nov PAO board (which I really wanted, but realized the pickings are slim for that community and I really just want to be a Naval Officer).

Is anyone else having problems accessing the other Navy OCS forum on navyocs.com? it seems like it was hijacked or something by a go-daddy site?

Congrats to those who were selected, and those who weren't keep trying! Apparently in NRD Jax there were some 30 odd applications and the 4 that got picked up for SWO were all resubmissions!