• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 2010 Boards

priceless529

I applied for the Nov PAO board (which I really wanted, but realized the pickings are slim for that community and I really just want to be a Naval Officer).

i did the same thing...that PAO board is rough...it almost seems to me that they shouldn't allow civilians to apply for it since they always take from the fleet if they take anyone at all

jsgator06

i did the same thing...that PAO board is rough...it almost seems to me that they shouldn't allow civilians to apply for it since they always take from the fleet if they take anyone at all

You're right! I remember walking into my recruiters office and him saying how hard it was, along with everyone else on the forums, but I tried anyways. My recruiter (after seeing my package, which he thought was competitive) then kept saying well yes it is hard to get into so even if they only took 1, why couldn't you be the one they took? Which I thought was promising but obviously they RARELY take civilians, especially new college grads, and the ones they DO take seem to have YEARS of PA/PR experience (which I think now is the ONLY way to get accepted for PAO, unless you have tons of connections or something!). In any case, I'm only too happy to be going to OCS for SWO! Maybe we will have the same OCS date!

tiernan

Supply did come in today (but it is April 1, maybe the supply community has a sense of humor?). Got a pro-rec - very excited.

My recruiter told me he received notice from the higher-ups that boards are "ultra competitive" right now. As-in not even considering anyone with a GPA of < 3.3, good astb, etc. I know that I was the only one in my district selected.

Just as the private sector is slow now; have to keep truckin along till you succeed.

solarlancer

Pro-Rec NFO
Congrats to all pro-recs from all communities, my recruiter said all officer jobs were very competitive this month and we should all be thankful for this opportunity.

alpha6

I'll go ahead and post my stats.

Pro-Rec SNA
3.4 GPA, Aviation Major (3.9 last year but D in phyiscs dropped that to 3.4, all shown on transcript)
1 volunteer activity (although a big one)
7 LOR's, none from current/former military officers
Active in sports but only intramurals
hold a few civilian ratings and descent amount of flight time

Bergers2short

None
Just got off the phone with my OR and I've got a good chance at being one of the first final selects/swear-ins. I had my security clearance and MEPS done prior to the boards and my recruiter just turned in my PRT paperwork. He says I might be able to swear in within the next 2 weeks. Lurking around the other boards, this would be fantastic compared to most! Granted, it took me over 1.5 years to get medical clearance and I was on a prior board that was rolled, so I've had a good share of "hurry up and wait."

truk459

i'm just not understanding how someone can be getting their final select...and i haven't heard my results even...wtf

werdna

Its required by priors but not for non-priors. But it is allowed, i believe that it really helped with my application. It just shows that you go above and beyond, and how much you really want it.

I was told by my OR that an interview was for select communities only and that SNA was not one. I tried to set up an interview and submit but he wouldn't let me. Wondering what I should do about that in the future...