• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 2010 Boards

jtmedli

pilot
So I'm confused about one thing...was there a "small board" for February NFO applicants that weren't seen in Dec/Jan??

There was supposed to have been, but the general consensus is that it didn't meet and we're all in March now.

jtmedli

pilot
Wow. If that's the case, this will be a HUGE March board:/ I hope that means a lot of Pro-Recs. Clock is ticking..

It's the first board of the fiscal year (supposedly) so there's going to be a lot of pro-recs (supposedly).

gpcbsbll2

Hey guys,
I know its a little late but I am in the March board as well. Here are my stats:

21/M
7/7/8/57
SNA/NFO/Supply

Good luck to everyone!

tomtagge

I noticed some of you who are applying for NFO and AOC have had flight experience.

Is that a big factor in being selected from what you have heard?

It obviously doesn't hurt, but how much of a leg up have you heard that gives you next to people applying who have never had flight time?

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
I noticed some of you who are applying for NFO and AOC have had flight experience.

It obviously doesn't hurt, but how much of a leg up have you heard that gives you next to people applying who have never had flight time?

It doesn't hurt maybe a PPL or instructor time more but truly.... Nothing.... Zero!

jtmedli

pilot

There's a thread here about that. Basically no-one knows how much it 'helps'. Most deem it unnecessary in order to apply. The only reason I got mine was to make sure this is really what I wanted to do for a living.

BigJeffray

Sans Remorse
pilot
I've heard it helps to varying degrees. I'm hoping that it does help, but not counting on it by any means. Based on what I've heard there's absolutely no reason to start flying in order to try to get a spot, and at how much a PPL costs, I would whole-heartedly agree. But I only know enough to be dangerous.