• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looking for gouge? Ask your Stupid Questions about Naval Aviation here (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've seen squadrons that wear orange. And they weren't test pilots.

Yup, we wore orange as regular Joes. We were only test pilots exploring the edge of the flight envelope, when our pilot's said, "Hey, watch this" inflight.

Phoenix_me.jpg

brownshoe

Contributor
Actually, orange was for everybody at some point during Naval Aviation's history. My guess is sometime during the 50's.

I can say until December of 1967 (date of my separation) orange flight suits were still worn in the fleet. I also saw orange flight suits at reserve units, PAX and AAFB, until 11 March 1970. That was the day I got my “Ruptured Duck.” :) Do they still give out those things?:D

Steve

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It must be pretty sweet to be Astronaut McCool :D!!

R.I.P. guys.
He was a Prowler bubba, actually; think he was in 133 or 134 back in the day. Inspiration for new knuckleheads like me . . .

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Now that's a load-out! .....But we couldn't go vertical very long with that load in the older "A" model. :eek:

You had to brief the shot in detail because of that very reason. Usually one or more of the motors would cough and separation of two aircraft could be sporting while trying to set up for restart(s). You didn't get very much time to get the shot as a consequence.

Status
Not open for further replies.